X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fences for the rigid 4511

If I had a budget of about 250 to 300 dollars for a better fence for this saw (4511) , what is out there that is actually better than the OE fence? I checked on the bissmeyer, but it is out of my budget. And one more question, can i take the factory saw blade shield splitter assy and remove the plastic shroud and machine the metal to make a riving knife? I actually have a template for the riv knife. I mean it already fits in the saw so i would be modifying the top portion of it only. I also looked at the delta t2, but if it is chinese made, is it better than the one on it? it flexes a little when locking down. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: fences for the rigid 4511

I have the T-2 on mine and it works great,You'll have to use the old mounting rails as a guide to drill new holes in the T-2 as the don't match up ,but its a great fence vs the original.

Comment

check out this thread regarding riving knife fabrication fo the 4511:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24836

there's even a template for the riving knife that thread's OP made.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

If your fence flexes when you lock it down it could be just out of alignment. If that's the case then after you realign it you might not want to change it out.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

You might want to look into the Sharkguard.
          http://www.leestyron.com/sharkguard.php
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks Badger Dave, its hard for me to believe that it would flex so easily, it must be out of alignment, i'll get my book out and try to align it properly. I'm an auto technician, have been for 20 years, I didn't even look at the instructions when i put it together, I should know better, I would bet a dollar thats what is wrong. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphyboy View Post
              I have the T-2 on mine and it works great,You'll have to use the old mounting rails as a guide to drill new holes in the T-2 as the don't match up ,but its a great fence vs the original.
              Best price I've found on the T2 is $150+6.50 shipping from Tools Plus: http://www.tools-plus.com/delta-36-t30.html

Comment

I have the T2 as well and it is light years better than the OEM fence with the split tube.

I installed mine but did not re drill the rails yet. I may one of these days but I use the TS for ripping and very very seldom need to crosscut on it so not a big deal at this time.

Comment

I am thinking I may just replace the split tube with a solid tube. Since I have added new faces my fence does a good job.... Has anyone out there replaced just the front tube and rear rail with solid pieces and kept the fence?
                  Mike

Comment

The T2 is a good bang for the buck for ~ $156 shipped from Tools-Plus.

The Shop Fox Classic is a step closer to a commercial Biesemeyer with heavier duty materials. The HTC, Jet Exacta II, and Steel City Industrial fence are similar choices.

Another good choice would be the Vega if you can find a sale price.

Comment

Originally posted by woodlum View Post
                      If I had a budget of about 250 to 300 dollars for a better fence for this saw (4511) , what is out there that is actually better than the OE fence? I checked on the bissmeyer, but it is out of my budget. And one more question, can i take the factory saw blade shield splitter assy and remove the plastic shroud and machine the metal to make a riving knife? I actually have a template for the riv knife. I mean it already fits in the saw so i would be modifying the top portion of it only. I also looked at the delta t2, but if it is chinese made, is it better than the one on it? it flexes a little when locking down. Thanks in advance for your help.
                      Check out the Redline.

http://store.thesawshop.com/catalogue/default.php

Cheers
                      Glen

Comment

Well, just ordered a Delta T-2, tried to fix flex and could not make it suit me. Thanks again everyone for your input and help, I'll let you know how it goes when I get it and install it... to be continued...

Comment

I didn't have any major problems with the original fence, but after setting it I always measured and adjusted it to get it perfect. My friend who works at Sears called last year and said they had a Biesemeyer on clearance for $97. I couldn't pass it up. It was setup for a craftsman saw so it took a little drilling, but it works great. I now actually trust the readings on the fence scale.

Comment

yea, i know what you mean Mike, i got the t-2, then the fence is way too tall for the table,( meaning there was a huge gap between the table and the saw fence ) so, i went to a metal supplier and got a bigger piece of angle iron for the front rail to attach to, redrilled and countersunk the mounting screws and positioned it to what i think is perfect, it works great now, silky smooth and locks dead on, I'm glad i went to the trouble now.

Comment

Originally posted by woodlum View Post
                              yea, i know what you mean Mike, i got the t-2, then the fence is way too tall for the table,( meaning there was a huge gap between the table and the saw fence )
                              so was the gap around 1/8" -3/16"? curious for a reason.
                              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X