X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Band Saw

I was at my local HD looking for the Ridgid band saw and the sales guy told me that they are not currently ordering any Ridgid band saws. He said that Ridgid is upgrading or redesigning the band saw so they don't plan on ordering any until the new one is out. He kind of inferred that there might have been an issue that they were fixing. Anyone know anything about this?

I own the bandsaw and no known issures that I am aware of.
    speculation: Since Grizzly came out with the G0555, they may be doing some upgrading with a quick tension release lever and roller guides.
    I hope they put a more powerful motor on it as well.
    But from posts here, and personal experience with HD floor people, they don't know as much as they would like you think they do.
    I'd wait for a comment from Jake before making any decission.
    Good Luck!
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Another reason may be the dock workers' strike that is still being recovered from. As the bandsaw is a big item, I'm sure HD doesn't order enough to put 6 in every store for Christmas, so quantities may just be short right now.

Also, I wouldn't trust the employee's version of things. I was looking for a Dado insert for my 3612 yesterday and was told by an employee that they don't stock any parts and that it would have to be special ordered. Needless to say, I found the insert for them next to the Ridgid sanding drum inserts. It seems as though the Ridgid rep doesn't come through the stores nearly often enough.

Comment

I agree on the Ridgid rep portion of your comment.

It would be great if they were to come through each store on a regular schedule so that you could plan to go there. Also would be helpful if he had some things in his truck (planer knives and other accessories not carried by HD), kind of like the ice cream man of power tools.

All kidding aside, I think it would be helpful to have a knowledgable rep around periodically and predictably so you could get your technical questions answered.

Comment

I have a Ridgid bs and am very happy with it. So far it has done everything I've asked of it from scroll work to resawing.

I am not however impressed with Home Depot employees.

Comment

Working...
          X