Cleaning the TS top

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning the TS top

OK. I have been buying some supplies in preparation for setting up my TS3612 this weekend. Bought mineral spirits and 3M Scotch-Brite pads, both the multi-purpose and heavy duty types. Finding paste wax was a chore! What I thought were the obvious suspects, Wal-Mart, the grocery and a Walgreens all came up without. Finally found some MinWax "Paste Finishing Wax" at HD tonight. Is this what I want?
    Alan
    My Shop

I have been very happy with the "Butchers's Bowling Alley Wax" I bought at my local True Value hardware store. It has a pleasant smell and seems to coat well. I have not used the Minwax product but Butcher's smells much better than Johnson's. TS-3612 sure is sweet isn't it?

Comment

I too got the MinWax "Paste Finishing Wax" for my saw top but have yet to use it. After looking at the directions and warnings I thought that this was more than just carnuba wax. I think I'll return it and look for the Bowling wax or straight carnuba wax.

Michael

Comment

The search feature on this site will find you plenty of discussion about this topic. Hit search, type in wax for the subject and select the appropriate forums to look in or select all active forumns. Good luck.

Comment

I have been using the Minwax paste wax with no problems. Just figured I'd let you all know that. Dave

Comment

Do you guys wax the rails also?
            Alan
            My Shop

Comment

I wax the rails but try to skip the area where the adjust knob hits it. It does not matter as much as it does on the 2424 since it is a metal wheel rather than a rubber one, but I try to skip the area. It seems to make a smooth running fence even more smooth and quiet. I also wax the fence surfaces. I am not an expert but this seems to make sense to me. Maybe the wise members of this forum will share.....

Comment

Working...
              X