Hey, this place is cool!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, this place is cool!

Hi ya'll, am I ever glad I stumbled into this place! What's left of my "free" time will probably be spent here! First my question: what's a good tenoning jig for use on my TS2424, and does Ridgid plan on making one in the future?
    Hey Jake, what recognition do ya'll give to Customer of the Year? In the last 7 months, I've purchased TS2424, TP1300, MS1250, DC2000, AF3000, SS1650, WD1660, BS1400, EB4424, DP1500, and pretty much every accessory I can find to attempt to satisfy my addiction to Ridgid tools. Not bad for a basement shop, eh? I'm learning more every day, and my skills have come a LONG way since I opened my first Ridgid box.
    I look forward to learning more through this forum, and perhaps offering any knowledge I have when the opportunity arises.

Happy Holiday Projects!

John.

Welcome to the group, its good to have another here! Oh, and congratulations on your award as the 2nd best Ridgid customer
    - Tim

Comment

What, no RAS or Jointer? Better luck next year!
      - Tim

Comment

Hello John welcome the ridgid family. My wife told me if I brought another ridgid tool home I had better start building the shop to sleep in, Well I told here if you lets me get the planer I will start construction in the morning "hehe". Enjoy the site you find a wealth on information here. As far as a tenoning jig, I purchased a used craftsman brand from ebay that works great. I paid $35 with shipping. You can also use the Delta jig but you will need to sand the miter slot a little in order to get it to fit. Could someone please tell me the type of jig they use. Good luck!
        Reggie

Comment

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. You'll find loads of advice here and if you have any specific questions on you tools let me know.

Jake

Comment

Your purchase sounds like the one I made a year ago. After quite a bit of research and digging, and a pretty sweet deal from HD, I came home with the TS2424, RAS, Bandsaw and Planer. I added the JP600 jointer back in June when they had them on clearance, and my lovely wife bought me the scrollsaw for our anniversary...It's official, the 7th wedding anniversary is the scrollsaw anniversary, hopefully the 8th is the lathe anniversary

Welcome aboard. I'm enjoying every one of my Ridgid tools and have had zero problems to date...lots of errors by me, none attributed to the tools [img]smile.gif[/img]

GO SCORPS!
            Pete
            \"Last year we couldn\'t win at home.<BR>This year we can\'t win on the road.<BR>My failure as a coach is that I <BR>can\'t think of anyplace else to play.\"<BR> - Coach Harry Neale, Canucks

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John S.:
              Hi ya'll, am I ever glad I stumbled into this place! What's left of my "free" time will probably be spent here! First my question: what's a good tenoning jig for use on my TS2424, and does Ridgid plan on making one in the future?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John,

I made one from 3/4" mdf. It's shaped like an h and rides on the fence, rather than the miter slot. This allows me to easily set up for different width stock. If you want I can send your some quick and easy plans.

Bubba

Comment

Working...
              X