Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you looking for a miter saw stand...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you looking for a miter saw stand...

...introducing the AC9940 Miter Saw Utility Vehicle. This collapsible, portable miter saw cart is perfect for the jobsite or for anyone who needs to conserve space.

Here's the link: http://www.ridgidwoodworking.com/acc_9940.phtml

Jake

WOW thats another great product from RIDGID

Buzz

Comment

I received and assembled mine yesterday. I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces in the weeks to come (remodeling project underway).

I do have a question which is more about the saw than the U.V. The instruction book shows that you can store the saw mounted on the stand while the U.V. is in the "mobile" configuration (with the saw sitting on its side). Since I'm sure the saw wasn't designed to be stored on its side, how safe (to the saw) is this? The saw I have is a SCMS, and having gravity pulling down / sideways on that long overhead arm concerns me. Have any tests been down with SCMS's stored on their sides for any period of time? Thanks for your feedback.
      Paul

Comment

Paul,

Though we haven't conducted any particular tests, let me give you my opinion. If you are just storing the unit (not transporting it) I don't believe you will have any problems. The book says to position the miter table so the head is as far down as it can go. Also for balance and transport you should have the slide extended all the way out. The loads on the tubes, etc will not be much greater then when the unit is laying flat. On the other hand if you are transporting the unit, I'd recommend laying it flat. The extra movement could cause so alignment problems.

Jake

Comment

I just purchased the MS-UV and I have a the 10" compound miter saw (Rigid of Course)... in the manual it says you can mount it on the stand using hte mounting holes...But I can't seem to get the holes to line up ??? Am I just looking at it wrong or what???

Comment

Whoa... for a minute there when I saw who the topic starter was I thought ole Jake was back for a visit. Too bad it wasn't to be. It would have been nice to hear from him again.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Dave:
              Whoa... for a minute there when I saw who the topic starter was I thought ole Jake was back for a visit. Too bad it wasn't to be. It would have been nice to hear from him again.
              I agree Dave, would be nice to have that level of company representation and knowledge back on the forum.

Comment

Let say a hardy AMEN to that!!!!!!!
                Rev Ed

Comment

Speaking of MSUV's,
                  One of our local HD's has 4 of them on clearence for $99.00...

Very tempting

Comment

Bought mine this weekend...for $99. They had a stack of them to sell!
                    keep makn\' sawdust!...just don\'t breath any.

Comment

Jake---thanks for the info----you've been sorely missed.
                      Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X