X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casters for TP1300LS

I noticed that the plastic feet on the TP1300LS stand have holes in them. Are these feet strong enough to use casters with? I really need to be able to move this machine around.

BTW, I tried the planer out for the first time last night and it is a dream machine!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I also just bought a TP1300LS yesterday. I'm not sure why there are holes in the rubber feet, as there is no way the weight of that planer could be supported by them.

However, not to worry. There is a Herc-U-Lift system (AC9950 according to Jake) due out any day now that will fit the planer stand. There are other mobile bases on the market that will do the job, and are cheaper. However, if the AC9950 mounts inside the stand like the the pictures of the AC9920 I saw, then it makes much more sense to pay the extra $$$. You get a much smaller footprint to store . [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks, but I am kind of confused.

If the Hercu-Lift system is like the one on my table saw, it will have to use the hole in these feet for the rubber stops. That's why I asked. If they're strong enough for the stops, I figured they would be strong enough for the casters.

Comment

Go to Shop on-line Parts and look up the AC9920. There is a picture, and you will see what I mean. It uses holes drilled in the bottom of the legs. Doesn't use rubber bottoms at all.

Russ

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and made a plywood base with lockable casters on it. It's no Hercu-Lift but it works great and it took less $ out of my wallet

Comment

Russ,

The feet you see in the picture are just leveling feet that come with the saw and are not necessary to make the Herc-U-Lift function properly. On your stand there should be two holes punched in each leg, about 3 1/2" from the floor. The HUL mounts to those holes.

Jake

Comment

Working...
            X