Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seeking Jointer opinion?

Originally posted by woodlum View Post
    I hate to say this on the forum, but Lowe's has a mobil base "kit" that you just cut 2x lumber to the size you need and you have a base.. I saw it at the guy's house that i bought my b/s and planer from, it looked very easy to use and assemble. He's on this forum too, i'll look him up and find out more.

probably something like this:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...=mobile%20base

CWS..you are right. the jointer is not compatible with the H-lift. however, check out post 9 in this thread:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ht=herc-u-lift

kind of brings new meaning to the phrase "where there's a will, there's a way".
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphyboy View Post
      Got a copy of that receipt finer,I would love to show it to the HD by where I live as they have that bandsaw and I would like to get them to pm it,Thanks
      please see post #9:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36018
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Finer,

Thanks for reference to Omar's earlier post and pictures. Very well done! Now I've got something to think about!

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
          Mike,

What mobile base did you use? I'm thinking about building one from scratch, but if there's one available, it would certainly be more timely.

Thanks,

CWS
          It's an HTC mobile base. They had 3 in stock and I bought them all. My shop is very small so all my tools are mobile. I don't recall the model number but it is very adjustable. I have one on my router table (which is almost square), my floor drill press (small footprint) and the jointer which is a long/thin base. The only thing I don't like about these particular mobile bases is that the arms used to lift the front stick out a bit and tend to get in the way of my feet.

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for the post regarding the HTC base. I've looked at those online, but I've never seen them in my two local Home Depot's. My thought was that perhaps you had purchased one of the Ridgid Herc-U-Lifts and had figured out a way to use that.... I purchased four of them a few years ago when they were being clearanced. I've got one for my table saw, router table, planer, and was hoping to use the last one on my recently purchased jointer.

"Finer" posted a link to an old post of another member who had used the Herc to mount his jointer, and that is what I'm going to do.

Again thanks, I appreciate your reply,

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X