X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10" Deluxe Bevel Gauge settings

I can't seem to get the the degrees template and the pointer adjusted properly.If I set it at 0 degrees and crank it to the 45 degree position it doesn't line up. I've readjusted it several times, both pointer and template, with no luck. I own several Ridged tools and I am more than satisfide with them but I think seeing as much as I paid for the saw (almost $700.00 with tax) it should be set at the proper position out of the box. I'm sure I'll get it eventually.I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problem as I and how they fixed it.
    James Sherwood

You can get the bevel gauge to line up with the pointer. First make sure you have the full travel from 90º to 45º bevel at the blade. If you don't you will never get the gauge to line up. Set the pointer at 0º on the scale, then bevel the blade over to 45º. The pointer should be at about 44º degrees. Loosen the upper screw on the scale and move the scale up or down to meet the pointer. If there is not enough travel to get the pointer to meet 45º, then loosen the lower screw on the scale and move the lower part of the scale in the opposite direction. The 0º setting will stay right on since the scale is moving vertically only at that point.
    I hope this helps, if not call 1-800-4RIDGID for customer service

Jake

Comment

Working...
    X