FREUD DADO SET

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldenwing:
    It is still wired 110/120 Badger....I have never cut anything over a 1 by yet so have not seen the real need to convert it over.....Murray
    Why would you need to convert to 220 to cut a thicker board?
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Go figure....Murray
      Goldenwing

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenwing:
        Go figure....Murray
        Lorax

Comment

If the 206 fits your needs and if you aren't tripping breakers when running your dust colllector at the same time you are running your saw, then you are obviously fine with 110/120.

Comment

And of course, you might want to upgrade those 14 guage extension chords too, Lorax.

Comment

When I built my new shop I put enough outlets on the wall that I will never need an extension cord....Murray
              Goldenwing

Comment

So Murray,

I guess I messed up here.

Thought BadgerDave said he had only one circuit out his shop.

In this olllld house I had the same problem - only one 110/120 circuit out the garage. Get this, only one outlet.

I knew I needed the hp for dado-ing. I knew the 8" Freud Super set weighed a ton. I also had an old 220 circuit going unused at bottom of stairs off garage entryway.

Rewired the saw for 220 and got a 50' 10 guage extension chord and wired a 220 plug onto it.
                Been working real well. Nice not having the lights dim every time saw is turned on.

Just have to put up with wife nagging about chord running down stairway but plan is to carry 220 out to garage (aka poor man's shop) this summer.

Comment

When I had my old shop I had that light dimming problem too. But I had an eletricianj come out and go right into the house and run out a dedicated line for the shop. On the 24' wall I had 6 outlets on each one and in the main room on the 12' wall I have 4 outlets. Really nice not to have extension cords. Every tool can be plugged in and stay plugged in. I had the opportunity to set it up this way so I did. And do not regret it either. Murray
                  Goldenwing

Comment

Originally posted by maineman:
                    And of course, you might want to upgrade those 14 guage extension chords too, Lorax.
                    Who said anything about 14 gauge extension cords?
                    Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by maineman:

Thought BadgerDave said he had only one circuit out his shop.
                      Basicaly, that is the case. My shop is in my basement, which happens to be a walkout, which makes it very convenient. There is a 220V line for the clothes dryer but it isn't practical to use it due to its location far away from my TS. One of these years I'll have someone tie into it and run an outlet over to where the TS is located but until then the saw will remained wired for 110/120V.
                      I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

When I had my old shop I had that light dimming problem too. But I had an eletricianj come out and go right into the house and run out a dedicated line for the shop. On the 24' wall I had 6 outlets on each one and in the main room on the 12' wall I have 4 outlets. Really nice not to have extension cords. Every tool can be plugged in and stay plugged in. I had the opportunity to set it up this way so I did. And do not regret it either. Murray
                        Goldenwing

Comment

There are a couple of other reasons why you might want that extra depth capacity of the SD208 vs. SD206.

If you use a table saw sled when making crosscut dados, the thickness of the sled base will subtract from your overall maximum dado depth. If 1/2" dado is really all you will ever do, it's probably not an issue, but something to think about.

I just finished a shelving project where the client wanted to use "half-slot" joints to make transport and installation easy. The simplest way to make these half-slots was to raise the dado as high as possible and then make a crosscut that stopped half way across the board. The higher the blade, the closer the cut was to being straight through instead of a steep angle. That extra inch in height came in handy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

At first, it was bit intimidating having that many teeth sticking that far out of the saw, but it worked well enough that I only needed to make a cut from one side of each shelf. 128 cuts, if I remember right.

Comment

Lorax - was just shakin your tree, man.
                            BadgerDave - You're lucky having the walk out basement. Basically asked about the 220 in case you were planning to get an electrician in. Might as well hook into that washer/dryer line if you did was where I was going with the question. 220 is sweet. I have no dust collection yet. Guess they suck some power too, eh? Grabbed that Ridgid 12 gallon vac for under $30 during holiday shopping which will hopefully suffice for a while.
                            Murray - As for you, you're just plain discusting with that many outlets.

Anyway, gents. Shoulda just been asking

Murray, how long does the arbor exposure on your 2424 measure?

Comment

Originally posted by maineman: Lorax - was just shakin your tree, man.
                              I havn't heard that expression in about 35-40 years. How's it feel to be an old fart? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                              (Asked by someone who knows!) [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                              Lorax

Comment

If I could get under the saw and measure it I would, but since my injury at the prison where I worked for 17 years, I am not able to do too many physical things like that....the next time someone comes over to help me out I will have them check it for me. Murray
                                Goldenwing

Comment

Working...
                                X