Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez,

Excellent tip, jhill.

Murray -- what jhill mentioned - anyone whoever uses the dado might eventually want to use a cross cut sled. Something to definitely keep in mind.

Hey Lorax, watchit now. Hell I sometimes even wear my baseball cap backwards...lol

Comment

Murray

Next time you have the insert and blade out you can measure it from the top.

Kinda just curious to see if the 2424 had the same length as the 3650 or if anybody knows.

Don't take insert and blade out special tho.

On the other hand if you're still shopping for the dado, keep in mind that if your 2424 arbor is same length as the 3650 - and if Ridgid never changes the arbor length - then the Freud's might be more professional grade than you need.

HD has a stacked 8" set that might do just as well and for I think around 90 bucks less than the Freuds.

Comment

SD 208 cuts great dado's flat bottoms w/o chipout. I got it with low expectations - but can't think of a reason why I would upgrade it after using mine.

Jake

Comment

Hey "woodworker" Jake. Long time, no see! Where ya been? As if I didn't know.
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

WOODNET

It's down right now - so I figured I'd pop in to see what's up down here. Looks like everybody's talking about the 3650 still .. lol

Still don't own any Ridgid tools - but I'll be picking up their jointer one of these days.

Jake

Comment

Working...
            X