FREUD DADO SET

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREUD DADO SET

I have finally decided I just have to have a set of Dado blades....looking at the Freud 8" D208....says it fits most all 10" table saws...any comments, positive or negative, or alternative suggestions would truly be appreciated....Murray
    Goldenwing

Thats a good dado set to have. There are better, but for the price you can't go wrong and you will get a lot of use out of it too.

Comment

thanks Desmo...I am thinking that for my first set it will probably do the job for me...then as I get better at what I can do and want to upgrade, then I can search for a better set. Appreciate your reply. Murray
      Goldenwing

Comment

Depending on your circumstances, you might want to consider going with the SD206 instead. Unless you intend to make very deep dado cuts, the 6" set will probably satisfy all your needs and at the same time put less stress on your motor.

Because of necessity and not choice, my TS and DC run on the same 20amp circuit. With my 8" dado set, I can't run both the saw and and DC at the same time if my dado setup is for cuts larger than ½". The startup amp draw blows the breaker every time. Because of that, I'm seriously considering the SD206 because of its lighter weight.
        I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

I went with the SD206 for that very reason. No use making your table saw swing that big ol' sucka if your only cutting 1/2" deep dados...

Comment

That is something I never even considered. I can almost guarantee that I eill not need to cut any dadoes deeper than 1/2" because everything I will be working with will be 3/4" or less. Thanks much guys. I believe the 6 just might be the way to go. Glad we have you folks out here to help us out. It is appreciated. Murray
            Goldenwing

Comment

I also went with the SD206 on my 10" contractors saw and it is all I need.

Comment

Thanks Thiggy....it sure seems the general consensus agrees with the 6....if I do different I cannot see where I would benefit drastically. Thanks for the input....Murray
                Goldenwing

Comment

I have the SD208, but because of the short arbor on the TS3650 you can't cut to the full capacity of the dado set, even if you leave the out flange washer off. You can cut a .750" , but no more, at least I have not been able to put the full set of cutters on my saw and still get a full nut engagement of the arbor nut. If they just made that SOB an 1/8" longer

Comment

I am way behind times...I have a 2424 table saw so at least I will know what to expect if it acts that way on mine.....thanks for the heads up. Murray
                    Goldenwing

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenwing:
                      I am way behind times...I have a 2424 table saw so at least I will know what to expect if it acts that way on mine.....thanks for the heads up. Murray
                      Goldenwing,

The arbor on your saw is able to handle a dado width of 13/16" but you need to leave the outside arbor washer off when attempting this. I've read that a dado wider than ¼" doesn't really need that outside washer anyway.
                      I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Thanks much Dave. I should have fairly easy sailing with all the infirmation you guys have given me. Will save a ton of trial and error.....Murray
                        Goldenwing

Comment

I have the SD208 set and have been extremely happy with it running on my crafstman table saw. I don't remember the HP on my saw but I have not had problems with blowing 20A breaker. It is fair to say that I have not cut dadoes more than 1/2" deep though. I do know that I would make several passes if I were going to go deeper anyway, I tend to treat the dado procedure similar to using a router, more passes, less stress.

Comment

BadgerDave,

Is your saw wired up for 220 or is it still at a standard 110/120?

Comment

It is still wired 110/120 Badger....I have never cut anything over a 1 by yet so have not seen the real need to convert it over.....Murray
                              Goldenwing

Comment

Working...
                              X