BS1400... Resaw Blade Preferences?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS1400... Resaw Blade Preferences?

I have some 4/4 curly maple that I would like to slice off to 1/16" veneer pieces. I have tried a generic 1/2" 4 tpi hook tooth blade with marginal results. Any experience with a timberwolf or woodslicer blade? Please suggest. Thanks.

Mike Narges

The BS1400 manual recommends a 3/4" blade for resawing. Typically, wider blades are better for this purpose. I can't recommend one brand or another as I'm shopping for a resaw blade as well but I understand that Olson has pretty good products. Anyone else have a recommendation or two...thanks
    - Tim

Comment

Thanks for the advice on Olsen. Had forgotten about them. This BS is real nice, and I believe it will resaw with the best of the 14 inchers. Thanks

MikeN

Comment

For resawing there is a blade called Woodslicer. I know its available from Highland Hardware. Though I have not had any experience personally, I've heard some good things about that blade.

Jake

Comment

I've heard all good things about the timberwolf blades. They also did well in the a band saw blade review in one of the magazines a couple of months ago.

Comment

Working...
          X