X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid fence on Craftsman saw?

Anyone know whether the Ridgid fence will fit a craftsman model 113.298240 tablesaw?

Thanks in advance...

Terry---if you're going to buy an new fence for your Craftsman, why would you want a Rigid fence. I know that they've improved the design on the 3612, which is great, but if you're going to spend the money and time to install a fence---IMO, you'd be better off with a T-Square design (fence attached only at front of saw). It's easier to initially align and because of the design, tends to stay aligned.

I think I'd compare the costs for the Rigid rails and fence and then look at some of the Biesemeyer and Biese' clones on the market. I've had a Biese' on my Craftsman for over 10 years now and love it.
    Dave

Comment

Dave,

I recently replaced the fence on my Ridgid TS2424 with a Vega and am trying to determine if the Ridgid fence will fit my Dad's older craftsman... By the way, I really like the Vega fence - it's got a fine adjustment wheel and is a great value for the $199 I paid for it from Ballew Tools.

Comment

Ahhhh! So that's what you're doing

I have a 1989, 10" Craftsman contractor's saw, and, while Jake may deny this, the table top and wing castings between my saw and the 2424 look identical. Also, since the stock fence that came with the Craftsman had front and rear rails, it should work.

I think the simplist method is to first take measurements of your's and your dad's table tops and even take a scrap piece of trim and mark the hole locations---if they're alike , you've probably got a winner. Just refer to your manual on installing the fence. If you're dad's saw sitll has the stock fence, he'll see a big improvement---course, you could always buy him a Vega
        Dave

Comment

Dave - Yes.... I could buy him a vega, but I think there are other things he needs more... He's just retired and may start doing more serious woodworking. I may buy him a bandsaw or jointer for XMAS. Haven't decided which yet.

Comment

Pretty nice son! Be sure to let us know how the Rigid fence fit---I'd be willing to bet it would be a snap.
            Dave

Comment

I have a Ridgid fence on my Craftsman saw. The fence appears to have been made for this saw.

I have it only because I caught it on sale at a local HD for less than $50.

The Ridgid fence is a Vast improvement on the craftsman. That is not to say that I won't one day Build a t-square fence, but that will probably wait until I get a Cabinet saw.

Duke

Comment

Well... I was hoping to get the answer from Jake on this before I go to the trouble and expense of shipping it to my dad, but based on your experience, I'm going to go ahead and ship it.

Thanks for the reply.

Terry

Comment

Re: Ridgid fence on Craftsman saw?

How would I go about finding an upgrade fence for a Craftsman 113.298240 10 in table saw that was given to me as a gift?

Comment

Re: Ridgid fence on Craftsman saw?

Originally posted by Terry in FL View Post
                    Dave - Yes.... I could buy him a vega, but I think there are other things he needs more... He's just retired and may start doing more serious woodworking. I may buy him a bandsaw or jointer for XMAS. Haven't decided which yet.

Do you have a link to a Vega fence?

Comment

Working...
                    X