X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bs 14002 wheel alignment

when i use a 1/2" blade, the blade tracks in the the middle of both wheels. however, when i tried using a 1/8" blade, blade tracks near the front of the lower wheel. adjusting the alignment of the upper wheel has no effect.

moving the the lower wheel outward would not work as the lower blade supports will not move outward enough to make contact with the blade.

any advice is appreciated.

Re: bs 14002 wheel alignment

first, and most obvious question, are your wheels coplanar? after a defective blade weld, non-coplanar wheels can really adversely affect the performance of a band saw.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

thank you. i checked it and the wheels are off by about 1/32". i need to move the lower wheel out.

any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Comment

Originally posted by lym View Post
        thank you. i checked it and the wheels are off by about 1/32". i need to move the lower wheel out.

any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

usually, the upper wheel is adjustable and the lower wheel is set @ the factory during manufacture. there are metal shimms designed for this and you can get them, and more information regarding helping your saw, from iturra design:

http://www.manta.com/c/mmc3znn/iturra-design

there are few people better than lou iturra where band saws and related products are concerned.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

i got 18 gauge spacer and installed it on the lower wheel. everything is aligned perfectly now.

thank you much.

Comment

Working...
          X