X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3660 Side braces for 3650?

From looking at the parts diagrams for both saws it looks like the holes won't completely match up. Anyone try retrofitting the side braces from the 3660 to the 3650? The parts themselves seem pretty inexpensive $7.40 each, wondering if it's worth trying.

Re: 3660 Side braces for 3650?

What are you trying to accomplish by doing this? I would think that even if the mounting holes don't line up it still would be pretty easy to change them out.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I was trying to add a little stiffness to the leg stands. Sorta something like this.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ght=side+brace

Comment

Hey Ryan, I added side braces like the ones in the link you posted. I got a piece of metal brace/rear panel, from an old office cubicle, it was about 2' by 5' , cut it down to two pieces to fit with a jigsaw, bolted it on and it did make a difference. I would recommend doing it. Pat

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Pat. I just may have to order them. I could probably get away with cutting a piece of mdf or ply but for around $7 a piece plus shipping I'll think I'll order a set. Plus the colors will match.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan.s View Post
            Thanks for the feedback Pat. I just may have to order them. I could probably get away with cutting a piece of mdf or ply but for around $7 a piece plus shipping I'll think I'll order a set. Plus the colors will match.
            Hey Ryan,

Can you let me know how it goes with those braces? I am eitehr going to end up doing that or building a full blown table saw workstation and removing the legs altogether.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tom5151 View Post
              Hey Ryan,

Can you let me know how it goes with those braces? I am eitehr going to end up doing that or building a full blown table saw workstation and removing the legs altogether.

Thanks
              Will do Tom, just placed my order for the side braces.

Comment

Working...
              X