X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Ridgid

Have seen enough and heard enough. Glad I got my Ridgid tools before the makeover, and when there was such a thing as customer service at this company, as I will never purchase another Ridgid tool, WW or otherwise.

Ridgid, you should be absolutey ASHAMED of the way their customer service is being handled. Ashamed.

Woody, I certaintly hope that you get a NEW bandsaw from these people one day. I really do. You deserve it. I know it, you know it, and so does Ridgid. Its way past time they stepped up to the plate and did the right thing. They ought to personally deliver and set it up for you.

To all of you who still support Ridgid.. I may not agree with you, but I DO respect your opinions.

All the best to you all.

Doug Gage

Doug - At best I have received a 90% saisfaction from one company, that being Grizzly despite what some have experienced. I'd put Rigid right there in middle of pack - which to me is so-so. Jet and Delta and Dewalt right there also- middle of pack. Now that I think about it the middle is full of them all. Hard to endorse many right now.
    I think Rigid has become somewhat of a fall guy for some and they have not enthralled me in getting heads above the middle pack at that. Will these companies ever be better in CS area is my concern - it's becoming "okay" to be just "okay" and someone needs to rethink this whole concept.
    I have no intention of replacing any tools until I see changes or must due to repairs, etc. I may even consider going European when I do unless the CS improves from all of these companies. Cost will be factor unfortunately.
    Anyway - best of wishes and luck to you.

Comment

Douggage,

So you've had it with Ridgid? Please post a detailed description of what they've done you mistreat You . We all know about Woody's bandsaw problem, but other than that, all we've pretty much read was problems with the new drills, and a motor problem here and there. Not defending anyone, but before you make a judgement to abandon a forum and berate a company, have some personal experience in the matter.

Comment

Thanks, this is all making me sick. i jumped on the "hater"bandwagon when they announced the new tools. Everything looked bright orange. from the cordless line, to the stationary tools, everything was bright orange. now that the tools are out there, I am easily swayed by the heft and solid feel of the drills. i also like the 3650, but really still don't like the amount of orange on some tools.

When I first bought my DP in the spring, Cs was right there for me. I just had an occasion to use the Ridgid CS a few weeks ago. Got right through on the phone and was promptly told of a local service center. took my TS parts there with my reciept and they ordered me new ones. They were in last week and I just picked them up today.

Based on what I've been reading, I expected far worse than the very good and fast service that I wound up with. I will for that reason continue to support Ridgid and when someone else speaks up, I will relay my experience again.

Comment

Mike

Thanks for sharing your experience. After reading the endless supply of negativity towards the new CS department, it’s encouraging to hear success stories (yours is the second one I have read today).

Woodslayer

Comment

Actually guys, I think douggage has a valid point.I too am not going to buy any more Ridgid tools. The reason is I don't want to go through what poor Woody is going through with his bandsaw. If Ridgid does whatever it takes (and soon) to make Woody a happy customer then I will reconsider. Mike 3206, and Ghost. You both seem to say we shouldn't rely on others experiences to help form our opinions, but isn't that what this forum is all about? It is up to us to sort out the information, opinions, and experiences presented by others and come to our own conclusions, decisions and opinions.
            As an example, if someone posts that it is dangerous to crosscut a board while it is against the fence, I'm not going to try it to see if he's right. I will depend on his experience and trust his opinion. Just my 2 cents worth.
            Happy Holidays to all. I've got to get to bed before Santa gets here! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I just had my first experience with Ridgid CS. I was not looking forward tocalling because of everything I had read online. I had tried dealing with my problem through emial with no satisfaction. The problem was that I didn't get the sanding belt and platen with my bandsaw. So I called the 800-4Rigid line and the first time the phone rang with no answer, so I called again and got a CS rep (Jeanne) pretty quickly. She was VERY helpful, took my information and all. She needed my serial number which I didn't have handy so she said to call back and just tell who ever answered the phone, my name and her name and the serial number and she would get the parts sent out to me. So I got the serial number called back and everything went as she said. It was a very nice experience! (Hopefully the part actually comes now... but I feel good about CS at this point!)

Comment

Lorax, I will agree with you that considering others' experiences is a must when purchasing anything. However, the way I see it, if a dozen people have had a bad experience (one person really, really bad) but hundreds of thousands who have had good luck with their tools or service, do you dismiss a product because of a few bad experiences? If that was the case, I, along with many others, would never buy DeWalt, Delta, Jet, Grizzly, or even a PM. All these companies have dropped the ball somewhere at some time. Their track history though has prompted people to continue to buy their products even after some get bad service.

I posted a warranty question a while back. the answer was about as straightforward as you can get. "We've been here for 85 years. You know where to find us" Based on thetwo dealings I've had so far, I have no reason to doubt that statement.

Comment

Mike,

What you say is true. However you forgot to mention one thing. You are comparing ridgid to Delta, Powermatic, and Jet, etc.

Ridgid however has just had a complete reorganization of their tool company. It's no longer handled by emmerson. HELLLLOOOOOOO.

Therefore, to some degree, they are starting over. To many, they almost need to have a cleaner record than the others b/c they have to demonstrate to their consumers that they are same company. And the reason people are a bit negative or at least cautious is that the changeover has been bumpy. Even without being bumpy, you can't say people don't have a right to be concerned.

They may very well turn out to be same company moving forward as have been in past. But for now, you are buying something new than you were last year. Some are comfortable with that Some are not.

I only buy quality tools and am comfortable spending the extra money. But to pay a premium I want that extra piece of mind that comes with a company with a little more history.

My Delta and powermatic may not be perfect (Although I'm quite happy with them ). But I know they'll be around to call if I have questions / parts / accessory issues today and more than linkely into the future as well.

Ryobi's History is disposable tools. Ridgid's is quality product.

Quality + Disposable = ??? time will tell.

Is Ridgid same as ridgid or new ridgid.

Buy what you like, Let others do the same, share your opinions so we can all make good decisions for ourselves.

Happy Holidays
                  Jake

Comment

Ghost,
                    Was there anything in my post that you consider knocking your opinion? You have your opinion and I have mine. You have as much right to post your opinion as I have to post mine.
                    I thought we were having a very decent difference of opinion and there is no need to feel that anyone is knocking your opinion just because they may disagree with you. Of course that's just my opinion.
                    Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas.
                    Lorax

Comment

Well I guess I can handle a little flack (that I know this post will get me) I have the BS1400, TS2400, TP1300. and WL1200. All of which are PRE- Orange but I have not had a single problem with any of my Ridgid tools. I try and stay away from all of the complaint posts, but lately that is all I see on this board. If someone wants to quit the BB then GoodBye, I would rather them leave then keep threads going about how bad things are. If anyone has a question about the use of the tools I have I will be happy to try and help as with any other kind of woodworking or metalworking questions. THAT is what this board is for. Lets get back to woodworking for a while. Dan
                      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

No flack from me.
                        Thanks for sharing your opinion.
                        Lorax

Comment

mike

I agree with you 100%, and woody i wish there were some way I could help you get it set right with Ridgid.

even after hearing Woody's truly unfortunate experience I still bought the 18v 4 pack, and the 1290 slide saw. I have had 3 other experiences with ridgid's cs, and all were good.

If all of you wish to take the "wait and see" attitude then for your own peace of mind do it.

Mike I live about 5 minutes away from ridgid here in elyria, Ohio, and i hope that their National customer service is as good as this location. Since you are a clevelander did you take it to the cs in elyria?

After I looked at the products, all you had to do is go and look at the ryobi next to it and see that the quality is much, much greater than ryobi and well worth the much higher price than ryobi.

well that's my humble opinion

happy woodworking guys

Comment

Funny story,
                            When I first called Elyria, they said they no longer did the power tools and only did the plumbing stuff. They gave me a number to call, which I did. That is where my story started in other posts. Funny thing is, I wound up being able to take it to a service center less than a mile from my house. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by papadan:
                              Well I guess I can handle a little flack (that I know this post will get me) I have the BS1400, TS2400, TP1300. and WL1200. All of which are PRE- Orange but I have not had a single problem with any of my Ridgid tools. I try and stay away from all of the complaint posts, but lately that is all I see on this board. If someone wants to quit the BB then GoodBye, I would rather them leave then keep threads going about how bad things are. If anyone has a question about the use of the tools I have I will be happy to try and help as with any other kind of woodworking or metalworking questions. THAT is what this board is for. Lets get back to woodworking for a while. Dan
                              Papadan -- the reason I am not frequenting woodnet's forum much anymore is due to same thing there. In last year or slightly longer I guess at that it's gotten to be complain-trash company based more than providing much in way of productive Q&A things.
                              While one would hope that with time all forums will get back to roots I have my doubts. The things have become essentially a "forum of entertainment" - or what a minority view as such anyway. Some like to blame the new members but I see more posts that don't have merit or belong by old members than new actually. Almost a "don't you dare challenge me" belief by some based on concept seniority means automatic respect and a form of Mega Stature is therein an automatic part of longevity.
                              I am not a "pre-orange" tool owner except for a couple of smaller hand items. I am an orange member of the 3650 tablesaw (actually I purchased for son. I helped set-up and use as often as my own Delta) and it has earned my respect. No more fear here about purchasing orange than any other color out there. I still think the 90 return policy is among best around and if something every would not meet satisfaction or expectations it'd be used very fast.
                              Thanks for hanging around. You definitely are wanted and need so just please don't bail on us!

Comment

Working...
                              X