X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Saw Top Not flat.

Shouldn't my main table saw top be absolutly flat? I laid a flat edge on it lats night and it was probably a 32nd or 16th high right down the middle. (lower in the front and rear)

If so, Would this be a manufacure defect? and covered by Ridgid warrenty?

maybe your straight edge isn't straight. try another straight edge.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

When I got my TS3612 last year, my tabletop was not flat, but it maybe your straight edge. I endup taking mine back to HD and doing an exchange. If you've had yours for awhile, then your going to have to use that warrenty.

- Dae

Comment

The straight edge finds the wings flat in all aspects, but not the table itself. I noticed that where the wings attach, there is no way to align them completly across. That's why i pulled out my trusty straight edge.

Mike

Comment

If you're sure about the 1/16th, I'd take it back----that's a bit much. But, don't expect it to be perfectly flat----what I read once, is if the top doesn't vary more than a doubled over piece of 20# paper, it's OK.
          Dave

Comment

That was the exact problem I had with the 1st 3612 I picked up. The wings were straight but the table had a curve in it. It was weird because when I checked the flatness of the table from corner to opposite corner, it was flat, but when I went from front corner to rear corner it was NOT flat. I say use the warrenty.

- Dae

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. I will begin to contact the Ridgid CS to get a new top.

Comment

Working...
              X