No announcement yet.

What a great birthday I had today, one day early...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great birthday I had today, one day early...

My wife and kids (girls 4 & 8) couldn't wait till tomorrow to give me my presents so they told dear old dad to sit in his favorite chair and close his eyes...

I got 4 pair of 6" pot holders that my 8 year old made with her pot holder jig (Pretty Cool - Very Crafty)... A special collectors rock from my 4 year old (Also Pretty Cool, it is her favorite - Looks like "Fools Gold") and from the whole family I got an Incra 1000SE miter gage & fence from Woodpecker, and a Dovetail Jig and bits with guide bushing from Rockler...

My 8 year old listens to me when we are checking out tools and guided the family nicely... I was very surprised... I was looking for a beginner dovetail jig to buy myself just this week never thinking that they had one in store for me... Guess it's a good thing Rob Hix sold his PC before I got to him in the "Tool Swap & Sell" section of

What a great day... I love it when my family pulls one over on me...

Best gift of all was being together & seeing everyone's face while I opened my gifts, they were all excited... It make turning another year old pretty painless...
    Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\" gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\"> gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Big Johnson,
    Congrats on making it yet another year!
    Sometimes the best present is the look on your kids face as you open the presents.
    My youngest turns 30 on the 11th, oldest turns 34 Oct. 31.
    Seems like yesterday.......that they were your childerns age.
    Rob (Not so big, but can get by)Johnson

[ 06-08-2003, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Backyard Woodworker ]
    Just tilt your head a little and it will look straight!

Big Johnson
      Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a good one always! r

Happy birthday Big...glad you had a nice surprise!
        Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

happy birthday!
          Andy B.