TS 2400 questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 2400 questions

I owned a 2400 and the work-n-haul stand for a very short time. I was cramped into a 16x12 workshop and thought maybe I'd save a lot of space having it. I use a table saw building decks and doing trim carpentry, so having a good portable saw was the idea. When I got it, I wasn't happy with it for two reasons. One it was a hard starting saw. It practically shook when starting the motor. The other was it vibrated a lot more than I expected (chattered) when cutting hardwoods. I took it back and got the 2424 for the shop then waited until I could get another portable for the jobsite....wound up with a Delta and the portable wheeled stand (thought I'd save a buck or two). Now I find that I hate this saw and the stand is very hard to roll without me bending over...if I were 1 foot shorter, it might work well, but I'm not. now I find myself wanting the 2400 again and I've got a question. Has any of these two problems I had with it ones that others have had? Have they been resolved, or were they just the problems of the one I got?

I'd like to hear from those who have the saw now about how they like it and if they've come across these concerns. The thing that started this train of thought was cutting hardwoods for a trim job recently. The throat "plate" of the Deltas are terrible and promote lots of troubles cutting small pieces of trim. I also cannot use a dado blade unless it's a wobble (which I hate and do not own) and it can't be more than 1/2" wide.

So what say you 2400 owners?

[ 09-29-2002, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: KellyC ]
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

I Have owned the 2400 for 2 years now, it is my only table saw due to a space issue, I have not noticed neither of those problems, and I cut ALOT of oak, cherry, poplar and pine. Maybee your blade was bent or your fence was mis-aligned?
    I will only get rid of it when I have room and $$ for a big cabinet saw! And yes mine is on a work-n-haul-it stand also( Bought before there was a "combo" deal...thanks Ridgid!)

Ken.

[ 09-29-2002, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Ken Deckelman ]

Comment

I've had the 2400 for about 1 1/2 years now, with the work-n-haul stand (also before the bundle) and I have not had any of the above symptoms. It does start quick with a little vibration, but I would think that that's normal being it's a benchtop and it's on a roll stand. I replaced the original blade with a Forrest Woodworker II blade and I'm still amazed that it cuts so smoothly.

I'm actually considering selling my saw so I can upgrade to the 3612. I bought the 2400 originally because my old house had a very small basement. Now that my new house has a larger basement I can get the bigger saw.

Comment

What are you thinking of asking for the saw/stand?
        Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

I was thinking of $400 for the saw, stand, hold-down for the miter guage, and an 8" dado insert. I think that's all there is unless I'm forgetting something.

Michael

Comment

Also, I keep it in immaculate shape. I clean it after each use to keep the dust down...plus my wife appreciates it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Michael

Comment

That's a great price...wonder what it would cost to ship all of it to 75227 in Dallas? My Delta bench saw and rolling stand are for sale on ebay right now for $300 along with my Ridgid scrollsaw for $75. The sale of those two would get me into the neighborhood. The combo would cost me $540 with tax here, so it would sure be nice to have all that for less than $500.

Comment

I'll check on the cost of shipping via UPS to your zip. If you want to email me personally, just send it to michael@ba-doyn.com

Michael

Comment

I'm getting a rough estimate of about $60 for UPS ground shipping.

Comment

Working...
                  X