X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couldn't be happier!

I've owned my saw for just about 5 1/2 months now, which means I snagged it on the 3612 clearance sale wave. It has increased my confidence so much in the shop. I am far less hesitant in the shop when it comes to preparing stock for a project. I'm sure that part of that is due to simple time spent IN the shop, but I spend more time now that I have an such a great core tool to use. Other than one mysterious movement of the front rail, which caused me to do some cuts short, I haven't had a single issue with the saw. I've added a dc chute from Penn State, and will have to seal up the back of the saw one of these days to improve the airflow. I noticed I still have an awful lot of dust in the corners of the saw, and on the motor. Just one of those 'tuit' things that I need to take care of.
    A recent spate of plywood cutting has me thinking of adding a table to the right of the extension wing. Someone over on woodnet suggested I attatch a support to the bottom of the fence, but if I'm going to that effort, I might as well just put a solid table insert in, that way I wouldn't have to remove it when I was done with the plywood cutting.
    Ned<br /><br />Madison Woodsmith<br /><br />Masonry: 2B1ASK1

Ned -- I am jealous that you picked up a 3612 on clearence. I have heard positive things about the 3650, but the 3612 was a known quantity and a good saw. The clearence price was a great bonus. I am just now in the market for a new saw and tried to locate a left over 3612 in a variety of cities across the country. No luck. So...

If anyone can still get me a 3612, let me know!

Comment

It is funny how when you have a nice saw its' much more fun to work with wood. When I replaced my old craftsman from 20 yrs ago with my Big Yeller Powermatic 64, I found myself looking for reasons to go in the shop. Before I was looking for reasons to avoid it.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by NCLaquer:
        Ned -- I am jealous that you picked up a 3612 on clearence. I have heard positive things about the 3650, but the 3612 was a known quantity and a good saw. The clearence price was a great bonus. I am just now in the market for a new saw and tried to locate a left over 3612 in a variety of cities across the country. No luck. So...

If anyone can still get me a 3612, let me know!
        i searched the archives and came up with the following :
        I just left he HD store in Duncanville Tx and they had a Rigid 3612 new in box for $257. This is the older gray Emerson version that did go for $547. Anybody in the area who needs a great saw at a great price better hurry. The price is handwritten on the box and I covered it with the box of rails to give someone a little more time to pick it up. I was tempted but will looking a used unisaw tommorrow. If you want it I suggest you call and pay for it by phone or hurry and go it.
        Goodluck to ya and let me know if you scored
        Grainraiser [/QUOTE]that was over a month ago, but who knows... maybe...

[ 02-09-2004, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: ned86xj ]
        Ned<br /><br />Madison Woodsmith<br /><br />Masonry: 2B1ASK1

Comment

Working...
        X