X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Mortiser

Hello all.. I've been in the market to purchase a mortiser. After having been changing the mortiser kit on my drill press 5 times a day, I feel the extra money is worth less hassels. I have had my eye on the Delta. Does anyone else have experience with this unit and are there any other ones which are recommended.. THANKS..

I have the Shop Fox benchtop mortiser and I think it's great. Service is great too. I got a chisel with it that had the point bent and they sent me another one right away as a replacement, no hassles.

Cuts great too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Michael

Comment

I looked at several bench top mortisers. As it stands, the Shop Fox is the one of my choice as well for several reasons. Larger motor, more travel, dual rods and the price. It's good to hear the service dept. stands behind it.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Don't forget to take a good look at the Jet model. Woodcraft has been selling these for $199 and include a set of chisels at N/C. Within the last few months, Woodcraft also had a Jet Sale, which, when applied to the mortiser brought the price down to $179. You may be able to talk the local store into giving you the same sort of deal.

Comment

I don't disagree with anything anyone has said, but to answer your question, the Delta I got for Christmas has done a great job for me.

Comment

harbor freight sells a dedicated mortiser for around $99. i have a neighbor who bought one a yaer and a half ago one and he can't wear it out. check it out if you have retail store near you. try www.harborfreight.com
            Godspeed and wear those safety glasses...

Comment

When I crodded this bridge a couple of years ago, I opted for the Jet JBM-5. I have never been disappointed. I have made several pieces of Mission style furniture, and still would recommend the unit.

Sincerely,

Mike Narges

Comment

I have the Shop Fox mortiser. I think it falls between the rest of the bench top mortisers & the floor model mortisers. It costs a little more but its just a whole lot more mortiser for the money.
                Sucking.....Whoosh....Yowl....Thrump

Comment

I think I paid $189 for my Shop Fox, and it came with a 1/2" chisel.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                  X