X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Working Tools and Their Uses

Ever wondered how in god's green earth some of the furniture around us gets made? Ever wanted to be able to do it yourself? Do you love the look and feel of real wood furniture? Now is the time to learn how to make your own furniture with the proper wood working tools. A properly equipped wood shop that has all the right tools will allow you to create awesome furniture and other unique projects.
    One of the most basic "power" tools for the wood shop/shed is also one of the most versatile, the table saw. A table saw is an excellent investment for your wood shop because you will use it for almost every project/assignment that you work on. It is important to buy the best table saw that you can afford as it is a tool that you will use for many years to come.
    Also a very popular tool for a wood shop is a band saw (although very underrated). With a band saw you can do a variety of things such as cutting circles, ripping wood, doing cross cuts, cutting joints, and re-cutting wood.
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-07-2011, 01:42 AM.

Re: Wood Working Tools and Their Uses

welcome

and will agree the table saw is a great start for a shop and a band saw is great as well,

but what is a well equipped shop? I have been at this for nearly 40 years and have built high end custom cabinets in my shop, and still have wants and for some things needs, depending on what the project is,

but I do enjoy wood working and building things, and enjoy tools as well,

one other thing I would suggest and that clamps, for the most part one can not have to many, different types, pipe clamps, hand screws, spring clamps, and one will need more than two of them, having a dozen of them many times is just a start,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracee View Post
      Ever wondered how in god's green earth some of the furniture around us gets made? Ever wanted to be able to do it yourself? Do you love the look and feel of real wood furniture? Now is the time to learn how to make your own furniture with the proper wood working tools. A properly equipped wood shop that has all the right tools will allow you to create awesome furniture and other unique projects.
      One of the most basic "power" tools for the wood shop/shed is also one of the most versatile, the table saw. A table saw is an excellent investment for your wood shop because you will use it for almost every project/assignment that you work on. It is important to buy the best table saw that you can afford as it is a tool that you will use for many years to come.
      Also a very popular tool for a wood shop is a band saw (although very underrated). With a band saw you can do a variety of things such as cutting circles, ripping wood, doing cross cuts, cutting joints, and re-cutting wood.
      I'm guessing You sell power tools

Comment

A good TS is the number tool in my shop, and the whole shop is actually centered around it.

...An assortment of good bits and a router in a table are pretty darn nice to have too!

Comment

Working...
        X