X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424 and a splitter

Can anyone tell me is it possible to install a separate kerf splitter on the TS2424? I was thinking of an overhead saw guard but I had just read an article that said the kerf splitter is as important than the guard.
    I know the TS2424 comes with a saw guard with the splitter and kickback pawls but can that combination be removed and a separate splitter be installed?
    Will a Biesmeyer splitter fit?
    What overhead saw guards will work?
    Those that have overhead saw guards what splitter are you using
    Thanks for the info [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Rev Ed

"I had just read an article that said the kerf splitter is as important than the guard."
    - I disagree with that. The splitter is more important.

"can that combination be removed and a separate splitter be installed?"
    - Yes. Also (although Ridgid would probably prefer you didn't), the guard and pawls could be removed from the stock splitter.

"Will a Biesmeyer splitter fit?"
    - Unfortunately, no.

"What overhead saw guards will work?"
    Probably any of them, with more or less a little fiddling. I use an Excalibur, which expects you to have a wood frame extension table like the typical cabinet saw. Something would have to be rigged, since a stock Ridgid doesn't have one. If I recall correctly, Delta's Uniguard mounts to the back of the saw. This might work well, if it doesn't interfere with the rear rail of the saw.

"Those that have overhead saw guards what splitter are you using"
    - Made one. You can see it in this picture if you look close: http://users2.ev1.net/~arbuckle/ripping/3090003.jpg . Just a piece of Mahogany with the grain running vertically, glued into the zero clearance insert.

Dave

Comment

Working...
    X