X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1400 BS Will Not Cut Streight

My new saw will not cut streight... AT ALL... As soon as the blade hits a piece of wood it turns to the left. I have adjusted the tracking the supports the guides and the tension and it always does the same thing. It is drastic and very hard to deal with. I have used different blades and I get the same result. Any ideas? I had the older gray saw and it worked fine. This one looks almost the exact same. I don't seem to have the vibration problem everyone else is having.

I am having the same problem with my BS1400. I have checked everything I know to check and it still continues to cut left. I took the blade off and both the lower and upper wheel are improperly balanced. The casting were made in China which is typical. I am pretty disappointed in the quality of this product. If the saw will not cut straight it is no good to me. It does look good though!

Comment

Bandsaws never cut straight-No matter how much you pay for it. You have to adjust for blade drift which is constant over the life of the blade. Blade drift is a result of how bandsaw blades are manufactured. My current blade drifts 2 degrees to the left. This is why it is important to get a rip fence that can be adjusted for blade drive

A couple of suggestions to minimize drift and get your saw into tip top shape.

Use a sanding block to sand the tires on the wheels co-centric and flat. David Marks has an excellent article on band saw tune up at diynet.com and I also recommend sanding the back of the blade to keep it from binding.

The tension gauge on the back of bandsaws are always wrong. I usually overtension the blade by at least one mark and this seems to be the correct tension in most cases. I set my tension by blade deflection, and not by the marks on the back

Throw away the stock blade and get either a timberwolf blade (suffollk machinery) or an Olson pro series blade.

Comment

Working...
      X