No announcement yet.

Attaching swivels

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching swivels

Anyone have a good way to attach a swivel that is attached to a small book rack above, and a pedestal below? Problelm is that once I attched the swivel to the pedestal, then placed the book rack on top, there is no room to access the swivel to attach the top half. It's a metal swivel between wood pieces- doesnt glue up adequately. appreciate any help

Re: Attaching swivels

by swivel I guessing you mean a ball bearing turn table swivel,
    on most things that use that type of swivel a hole is drill in the bottom piece, (bar stool for example) that lets one access the top screws/fasteners,
    the other is to use bolts,
    access hole method
    bolt method,

If I was to use the bolt method, I would most likely try to use carriage and drop them down and so they would lock into the swivel plate, as getting a wrench in the area is tricky and some times difficult to do and hole the top of the bolt, some times helps to set the bolt before assemble with a small scrap of wood to clamp the bolt in first if it is a little tight, then remove the scrap and leave the bold in the plate for future assemble

access hole
    Last edited by BHD; 04-17-2011, 09:06 AM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Re: Attaching swivels

thanks very much