X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" Drill Press Repair

I apologize if this is the wrong place or a duplicate thread, but I didn't find what I was looking for and need help asap.

I'm an amateur woodworker and have been using this drill press for a few years now. Just a bit ago I was using it and heard something break. Now the spindle sets down as far as it will go and doesn't retract back up into the mechanism.

The friend I bought it from has the hex wrench I'd need to undo the top of it (if that's where I need to start).

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: 15" Drill Press Repair

Turns out the spring assembly snapped. A $15 fix attatched to the outside. Hopefully this will be of use to somebody else, too.

Comment

Re: 15" Drill Press Repair

Ryan,

I'm glad you found the problem.

My first thoughts on reading your post was that the spring mechanism was in the hub, but I haven't checked my manual to see if that is correct. Do you have the instruction manual and repair sheet for your 1550? If not, you can find the "links" here on the product page: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/15inch-D...s/EN/index.htm

I have the 1550 in the original gray color scheme (pre-2003) and so far this has been a great tool with no problems.

Good luck on your repair,

CWS

Comment

Working...
      X