No announcement yet.

Any Suggestions on a Router?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too must say that the Bosch 1617EVS is a great fixed based router. Very very nice adjustment features. Great feel too. For plunge, I thing the Hitachi M12V is the best. It comes with the fine adjustment knob and an edge guide, usually sold as extras. Also, it has 3 1/4 hp which can come in handy later on if you are doing raised panel sets.

Comment

For a good deal on a very nice plunge machine with a fine integral micro adjuster, check out Freud's FT2000. Also, someone told me that Milwaukee (!) was coming out with a new router design that was specifically designed for router table use. There's a small hole in the base, and inside is a control for an elevator micro adjuster. It's calibrated, (X thousandths of inches of elevation per rotation of the control) so you can adjust the elevation of the router while it's still in the table without doing handstands or buying a table with the feature included. I liked the idea.
      Dave

Comment

There is actually a router review in the latest issue of Wood Magazine, and one of the models they look at is the Milwaukee. Besides the height adjustment in the base, it also as a single hand grip which looks cool.

Comment

Working...
        X