X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer

I am looking to replace a bench top jointer with a floor model,my local HD does not have any of the new style Ridgid jointers as yet,should I wait or go with the older style.and save a bit

Definitely WAIT, for a few reasons:
    1: New fence with more range of adjustment.
    2: Wider base makes tool much sturdier.
    3: OK, I guess we really don;t have to have on board push block storage but its nice.

Basically, the new fence is head and shoulders better than the old. Let's face it, the fence is really what this tool is all about. I have the new Jointer JP0610 and I'm very happy with it. Plus I think it looks better
    - Tim

Comment

It depends. Back in June I picked up last year's model for $195. They were clearing them out to make room for the new model.
      The new model is great and I've heard quite a few folks rave about the new fence, but the JP600 works just fine for me. Like with any tool, take the time (and take your time) to do proper set up and tuning.

If they're not offerinf the clearance price, then get the new one.

Pete
      GO SCORPS!
      \"Last year we couldn\'t win at home.<BR>This year we can\'t win on the road.<BR>My failure as a coach is that I <BR>can\'t think of anyplace else to play.\"<BR> - Coach Harry Neale, Canucks

Comment

Working...
      X