Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS3650 Miter Gauge

Hi There,
    I just purchased a Ridgid TS3650 off of Craigslist, the price I thought was pretty reasonable for not having the miter gauge or the blade guard $250.00 Well, I started shopping around to buy these two items after I bought and found out I should've did my homework on this table saw before I did bought it. the cost is $140.00 through ereplacementparts, what miter gauge and blade guard will work if not ridgid brand? Thanks

Re: Ridgid TS3650 Miter Gauge

OneRadDad,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum!

If I'm not mistaken, almost any standard miter gauge will work on the 3650/60 series table saw. I think the only real difference might be that the Ridgid has a sort of "T" slot that accomodates a small tab, at the end of the miter's bar, which keeps it in the slot. But any standard 3/4 inch wide miter bar will work.

As far as the blade guard is concerned, I'd highly recommend a "Shark Guard". First class option that is highly touted for many table saws. http://www.leestyron.com/sharkguard.php

Again, welcome to the forum... this is a great place for a new 3650 owner (and anyone else). Nice people, great advice, and good forum for sharing your ideas and discussing your projects,

CWS

Comment

For not a whole lot of money the Incra V27 is a much better miter gauge than the stock one.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The V27 miter gauge is much better than the stock TS-3650 miter gauge, although there is nothing wrong with the stock unit. It's better than most stock miter gauges in my opinion. However, if I bought a used 3650 and it didn't have the miter gauge, i would not get the stock miter gauge as a replacement. I'd go for an Osborne EB3 or the DeWalt (or Delta which is identical) copies of the EB3. The DeWalt is the cheapest of the three at roughly half the price of the Osborne or the Delta but will do everything they can. I have the DeWalt and like it but I don't use it all the time. I have a Incra V27 with an add-on fence that is my regular miter gauge.

Lee's SharkGuard for the TS-3650 is a great design. If I still had my 3650 I would get one if something happened to the stock guard. The SharkGuard has on-top dust collection which no stock blade guard had (or has AFAIK) in any contractor style table saw. Lee has made his guard to be easy on and off. I remember when he was first considering making a guard for the 3650. I talked to him via email a couple times on the subject and as he did not have a 3650 I sent him some photos as did another person, maybe someone on this forum don't remember.

Anyway, your money would be better spent on the V27 and the SharkGuard. Even at $250 w/o those parts the TS-3650 is a good deal provided its in good shape otherwise. I still think its one of the best contractor style saws to this day and they stopped production about 4 years ago IIRC.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks for the input, just between CWSMITH & Bob D. 76 years of experince that's amazing. I will take your advice on the Shark Guard, and the Miter they are on order now. I have been doing woodworking for a year now my first project has been making Adirondack chairs and loving every minute of it. I hope to this year move on to making a bedroom set out of oak wood. with this forum I'm sure I and do it. Thanks Again.......

Comment

I agree with Bob D.
            Look at the Osborne miter gauge product it's very versatile.
            Other items you may want to look at are: zero clearance insert, good dado blade set,
            dust collection, push sticks etc.

Most folks eventually upgrade their table saw accessories as often the supplied accessories are
            not top of the line.

You may also want to invest in a good saw blade..again, there are many brands and price points out there
            so choose wisely.

Cactus Man

Comment

Here is the DeWalt miter gauge I was talking about.
              http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7470-...4981080&sr=8-1

If you took the DeWalt label off you can't tell it apart from the Delta model. They're both pretty close copies of the Osborne. When I got my DeWalt about 16 months ao it was on sale for $87, a little more than half the Osborne.
              http://www.amazon.com/Osborne-Table-...d_sim_sbs_hi_3

Now they're only $20 apart, I'd go for the Osborne if I had it to do over again.

One feature the Delta and DeWalt have that the Osborne does not is the ability to accept a hold
              down clamp. The clamp off my DW-705 SCMS fits nicely. I don't think you can do this on the EB-3.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by OneRadDad View Post
                Hi There,
                I just purchased a Ridgid TS3650 off of Craigslist, the price I thought was pretty reasonable for not having the miter gauge or the blade guard $250.00 Well, I started shopping around to buy these two items after I bought and found out I should've did my homework on this table saw before I did bought it. the cost is $140.00 through ereplacementparts, what miter gauge and blade guard will work if not ridgid brand? Thanks
                Welcome to the Forum,

I've had the TS3650 for 3 years now and absolutely love it. It has run perfect for me right from the beginning.

I have the complete blade guard attachment that I have never used and would be willing to part with it for $50 plus shipping. Send me a PM if interested. Shipping may not make it worth the cost but I could inquire.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  Here is the DeWalt miter gauge I was talking about.
                  http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7470-...4981080&sr=8-1

If you took the DeWalt label off you can't tell it apart from the Delta model. They're both pretty close copies of the Osborne. When I got my DeWalt about 16 months ao it was on sale for $87, a little more than half the Osborne.
                  http://www.amazon.com/Osborne-Table-...d_sim_sbs_hi_3

Now they're only $20 apart, I'd go for the Osborne if I had it to do over again.

One feature the Delta and DeWalt have that the Osborne does not is the ability to accept a hold
                  down clamp. The clamp off my DW-705 SCMS fits nicely. I don't think you can do this on the EB-3.

Um, ok I have never seen a miter gauge like that before, flat out bad ***. I might have to invest in one of those. Wow.

Comment

Will ridgid send you one under the service agreement?

Comment

No, he is not the original owner.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

bummer

Comment

I've got a spare one. Open to offers if someone needs one.

Comment

Working...
                          X