Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy 60D common nails

Hello to everyone
    does anybody help me where to get common nails (dull or bright) 1/4" inch thick diameter, 6" inch in length (60D common nails),not spiral kind in greater toronto area.
    I checked in home depot, lowes, and rona and home hardware stores,but no success, all i find the spiral one (timber tie).
    I would really appreciate if somebody will direct me in right place or hardware stores to get these 60d common nails in gta.

thanks
    madan

Re: Where to buy 60D common nails

Only two places come to mind:

1. A gutter installation company..they use spikes to hold the gutters to the fascia
    2. A well stocked nursery/garden supply..often these are used for the plastic/metal
    edging for brick/stone walkways

When at Lowe's and Home Depot did you check the garden area? 60D nails will typically
    not be in their hardware area where they have other nails .

Cactus Man

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?q=60D%2...w=1131&bih=663

is there a lumber yard yet in the area, instead of a big box store,(home center)
      a farm and ranch supply may carry them for fence building,
      if you have a real hardware store any more they may carry them,

do not know what your doing, but I have started to use screws for most of my fence and corral building,
      http://www.mcfeelys.com/find-a-fastener.aspx
      Last edited by BHD; 05-10-2011, 12:14 PM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

thanks for reply cactusman and bhd, i ve chkd lumber yards also but no success, but i ll chk garden center of HD and rona

thanks

Comment

I would find them on the Internet by using Google and order what I needed. A week later they would be delivered to my door.

Comment

Working...
          X