X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Rigid Oscillating Spindle/Belt Sander

I recently (3 July) purchased a Rigid Oscillating Spindle/Belt Sander. When I have the unit set up as a spindle sander, the spindle travel up and down is smooth and continuous. However, when I install the belt sander assembly, the up and down motion of the sander is no longer continuous, rather the belt assembly does not appear to make the full downward stroke. When it gets to the lowest point of travel, it pauses (the equivalent time as if it made the full cycle) and then goes up. Is this normal or do I have something not assembled properly?

Hi: I have the same unit and what you describe is not normal in my opinion. The belt should travel the same as the spindle action. Sounds like it's in the belt sander assembly as the spindle is working fine? It might be a good idea to email the folks at Ridgid!
    Ross

Comment

Tom ...I had the same problem with mine when I bought it. Rather than take it back I took the bottom apart and found that things where not engaging correctly so with a little minor adjustment I had it back running in no time. Its been along time ago but I do remember it was a real easy fix.Its been working great ever since. Hope that helps

Comment

Problem solved...I took my unit back to HD and compared it with the floor model. Come to find out my unit was missing the snap ring that mounted below the plastic fan on the oscillating shaft. The HD person took the snap ring of their floor model and installed it onto mine and what do you know, it works just like it's supposed to.

Thanks Again for the Help!

Comment

Working...
        X