X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUST COLLECTION -- DUCT WORK

Have just received and assembled the Grizzly 1029 (2hp) single stage dust collector. Now the hard part -- building the dust collection duct work. Looking at PSI's catalogue, I see I can save a couple of bucks by going for the 26 metal duct pipe. And I believe the thickness is sufficient for the Grizzly to not overwhelm it. However, it seems that it might be a better investment to go for the spiral pipe that is 24 gauge. I've got to design a system to hook up a table saw, band saw, planer, jointer, drill press, router and a down draft sanding box and of course a floor sweep. Obvioulsly not all open to the sytem at once so a related wuestion is what is the recommendation for blast gates -- metal or plastic?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Also, since I'm hanging the duct pipe from the ceiling, how far down the wall -- roughly nine feet-- should I go with the metal before switching over to the flexible plastic hose? Somewhere I read that it is a good practice to keep the run of 4" plastic hose to a minimum that is from the end of the metal pipe to the machine.

Loooking for help -- thanks!!!

I have a 2HP cyclone and used standard snap together pipe 5", ordered from Onedia air just get a pair of gloves because the duct will cut you. I use plastic gates no problem I ordered a 5" to 2 4" tee sweep to drop my line down the wall to about mid shinn. Yes keep the hose short and no quick transitions in direction.

Dave

Comment

Working...
    X