Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with "new" BS14000

Long time listener - first time caller. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I recently purchased a floor model BS14000 from HD with 6" riser block, two 105" blades, and 2 sets of cool blocks for 300 bucks. Wow. Very happy. However, I've just noticed that the blade is not aligned - not too worried, it should line up when I learn how to do it (hence my post). The only obvious alignment problem that I can see is that the blade (3/8") - set in middle of upper/lower pulleys - sits about 1/8" to far to the right. The result is that it cuts a 1/8" groove in the insert plate. I can't seem to find a way to get it to move forward, without simply moving it forward on the pulley. A good thought - until I want to use a wider blade.

I'm a beginner - go easy! I'm still learning how to use the bandsaw - heck - I'm trying to learn how to set it up! Any help or suggestions would be most helpful.

David

On band saws one of the wheels is space out with washer. Try removing one washer and see if that helps.
    Andy B.

Comment

David,

You might want to consider getting a Lonnie Bird or Mark Duginski book on bandsaws. Mark also has one "Mastering woodworking machines" that includes most machines that anyone doing this for a hobby would have. I still refer to them once in a while.

Bob R

Comment

Working...
      X