X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My jointer

I just purchased the Rigid jointer. This purchase was made in part by reading this forum (I've been lurking in the back ground for awhile!).

Any tips on putting it all together? Any thing that the manual misses? Give me a shout. walleye507@charter.net
    Support Our Troops!
    www.mnpatriotguard.org
    www.patriotguard.org

I bought one about 2 months ago. It was very easy to put together. Good direction and all part were marked and packaged well.
    Do not lift by end, you need two people to set up on stand, lift from close to center not out on ends. Have fun they are great. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks. Going together pretty easy so far. How did you get the bolt inside the chip shoot that attaches the stand to the jointer tight? No room to move in there!
      Support Our Troops!
      www.mnpatriotguard.org
      www.patriotguard.org

Comment

My only advice is get help!!

a) its heavy
        b) getting the motor mounted so the belt is tight is definitely easier with help.
        c) did I mention its heavy?

p.s. as far as the bolts in the chute, I used a good socket set...if fact, several of the bolts on this baby taxed almost all the various adapters in my socket set.

oh, yeah...its heavy!
        - Tim

Comment

Tim,

I kinda get the idea from you that it's a little on the heavy side [img]smile.gif[/img] !

The only bolt I really had a problem with is that one inside the the chute. Otherwise its a pretty simple set up. As for the motor, I'm going to let gravity do it's job once I turn her upright.
          I'm making the mobile base right now. Four casters, two that lock. The base will be attached right to the stand via the four holes that are provided already. It brings the working hight up @3", but I like a higher table any way. All my benches in the shop are 36".
          Support Our Troops!
          www.mnpatriotguard.org
          www.patriotguard.org

Comment

I would look a the instructions, I think it mentioned the bolt you are talking about.
            I do not really remember.

Their directions as I recall were great.

It is heavy

Comment

Well I am impressed! It's all set up and the test cuts were great! Glad I made this purchase!

Next will be the Rigid planner! [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Support Our Troops!
              www.mnpatriotguard.org
              www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Glad to here it, have fun with all those nice straight edges.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                X