Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ridgid mobile miter saw stand upgrade at home depot?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid mobile miter saw stand upgrade at home depot?

I was hoping to get opinions from anyone who has any experience with the ridgid miter saw stands avail at home depot. My local HD has 2 different models avail in the store and i am looking for advice as to which to buy to support my dewalt 12" slider. Both are shown on their website. It appears the design was changed and updated within the past several months but i know that new does not always equal better. The new model appears to be "beefier" but the extensions no longer have legs that extend to the ground. Anyone aware of why changes were made or have any experience/recommendations regarding either one? Thank you very much!!

Re: ridgid mobile miter saw stand upgrade at home depot?

I just ran into the same issue two weeks ago. As I was already a day behind on my project, I bought the "new & improved" model and the Ridgid 12" sliding compound miter saw.

Set up shop and used them both for 2 weeks straight building a 4,000 bottle wine cellar WITH ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS! I originally wanted the same stand that you mentioned with the additional legs, but don't know if would have noticed a difference in the way it worked for me.

I'd say you're definitely good to go with the new version, but I doubt you could go wrong with the older one. Click image for larger version

Name:	c78f91e82c16a7de5d34dfb1c704d99e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	14899Click image for larger version

Name:	48e6ab82bc6e9667bd3a071705d85ffd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	14900

Attached a couple of pics too.

Good luck!

Comment

Re: ridgid mobile miter saw stand upgrade at home depot?

I have the older of the 2 versions that I use with a 12" Ryobi Miter saw and my 13" Dewalt portable planner. I love the stand, works GREAT with both tools.. Only thing I don't like about it is: it weighs 100 lbs by itself! Other than that... Rolls great, easy to set up, easy to load in pickup but can be a pain to load in service van.
      Rod

Comment

Working...
      X