X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400-1 info needed. Obsolete parts?

I bought a nice lightly used Ridgid TS2400-1 Table saw and stand today. The owner couldn't find the manual. Went online and couldn't find it as the Ridgid website for parts/manuals wouldn't work (down?). Found a TS2400LS manual on another site. Not sure what the differences are between the TS2400-1 and the TS2400LS. Please let me know.

The locking knob is bent on the stand. I went to try to find a replacement (also on a different website) and it says knob part 747-22 is obsolete. This saw/stand isn't that old. How is that even possible?

Not a good start to my first Ridgid table saw ownership.

Re: TS2400-1 info needed. Obsolete parts?

If the knob still works, why replace it? chances are good that if you are willing to accept an alternate replacement, you can find some threaded rod that will have the right thread pitch and diameter that will screw right in place of the old one. I lost the locking handle to my chop saw. I replaced it with the fence handle from my dead table saw. Not original equipment, but I was willing to use something other than OE to make it work.

LINK Ridgid TS24001 parts breakdown on ToolPartsDirect.com

We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
      If the knob still works, why replace it? chances are good that if you are willing to accept an alternate replacement, you can find some threaded rod that will have the right thread pitch and diameter that will screw right in place of the old one.
      Thanks for the parts list.

However the locking pin/knob is on the stand - not shown on that parts list. It is molded together and the pin portion has a stepped shoulder with an E-clip(snap ring) on one end. It would have to be a part made on a metal lathe. It doesn't slide or lock very well because of the bend - which is why I'd like to replace it before it eggs out the hole details on the mating parts and so the stand locks up better.
      Last edited by rs-mn; 06-17-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Your best bet would be to call Ridgid Directly.

Comment

I gave it to my neighbor today and he said he was able to straighten it on their press at work. That should solve my immediate need.

Still can't get on Ridgid's parts website. Can't get past the 'agreement' page. Anyone else having that issue?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
              The above number is kind of a general customer service line. She will email owners/parts manuals.

1-877-545-4099 is the Ryobi/Ridgid parts ordering number. They show PN. 747-22 obsolete as of Oct 2010. No replacement part given. Told me to contact Tech Support.

1-866-553-1710 is the tech support line (option 2, option 2, option 4). They are looking into it as most parts are offered for 7-10 years or so.

Everyone has been very nice and as helpful on the phone as they could be.

I probably don't need the part now it is straightened, but someone else might.

Comment

you might also try this site:

Ridgid Power Tool Parts and Ridgid Parts Diagrams

they are usually more reasonable than the "official" ridgid parts area.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
                X