My table saw router table wing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My table saw router table wing

Here is my first attempt at building a router table for my TS3612.

The top is two pieces of 1/2" MDF glued and screwed with laminate on top and 3/4" red oak edging. The router plate and fence pieces are from a Ryobi accessory kit for their BT3xxx series. I found the entire accessory kit at a salvage store for $10

The miter track is from Incra and the router fence attaches to my TS3612 fence with a MDF auxillary fence and block.

A view from the underside ... I had to relieve an area for the bolts on the underside of the table in order to attach it to the saw top. Currently it is not attached to the rails, just the top.

I am sure I will make changes as I use it but for a first attempt I am pleased.
    Alan
    My Shop

Very nice lookin' Alan

Congrats to you - I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.Yep - you'll likely find something you desire to modify with time - we all do. Gotta keep them vendors in business ya know.

Let us know after you've abused it by getting real nice n' dusty how you like.

Again - nice job!!!!
    Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Real nice job. You should be proud.

Comment

Excellent.

Looks like you did a sweet job

Jake

Comment

Nice job on the router table, thanks for the details and the photos. The fence looks really versatile and useful (plenty of adjustable clearance for large bits, etc). Nice catch on the router plate too.

Comment

You wouldn't happen to have any more detailed pics of the fence would you? I need to add a router fence like this & will have it attach to table saw fence as well.

Looks like you attached it to the T-slots on the TS fence?

Thanks,
            Kevin

Comment

Kevin,
              Here are some more shots that hopefully show the detail you are looking for.

Yes, the fence attaches to the TS fence t-slots. Here is a view from the back...

I made what I am labeling the "T-Track Block" from three pieces of 1/2" MDF glued and screwed together. I did this to provide clearance for the Ryobi fence faces and brackets and also to accomodate the Rockler t-track. By mounting the Ryobi pieces to that block I can adjust them as needed. I also wanted it to be somewhat modular so that as I modify the "design" I can reuse the parts I like

A closer view of the router fence ...

Alan
              My Shop

Comment

Thanks Alan!

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again,
                Kevin

Comment

Alan or others.. Before I really annoy people with my attempts to post pictures in the bed design questions thread can you tell me how you are doing it please
                  Figured it out ... Thanks

[ 02-12-2004, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: wbrooks ]

Comment

Nice work. I've been scoping that project too.

What did you do with the other wing? If you're looking to dump it, lets talk about a price.

Comment

Longhorn ... I plan to keep the original wing, at least for now. Hate to think what it would cost to ship that thing
                      Alan
                      My Shop

Comment

Alan,

How did you mount the new wing to the table? Did you mount it to the rails and the table like it was the original wing?

Thanks
                        - J

Comment

Alan, Beautiful work. I dumped a BT3100 in favor of the Ridgid so I have the same router accessory kit and plan to do the same thing. Question: If the table isn't attached to the rails, what supports the far end?

Comment

j and outrage ...
                            I just mounted it to the saw table with bolts a little longer than the ones that held the original wing in place. You can kind of see how in one of the photos above. I think it is a good idea to mount it to the rails also but just have not done that. Think it will be pretty tricky to get the holes in the right place on my Oak edging.
                            Alan
                            My Shop

Comment

Router

What brand / model of router do you recommend for table mount to the ridgid tablesaw - i am just a beginner learning woodworking ??

Comment

Working...
                              X