Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Ridgid Fence for my Craftsman Table Saw?

Hello,

I own a craftsman table saw (model 113.29943) and I want to put a more accurate fence on it. In my search I found that the AC1036 fence from Ridgid goes on craftsman without any modification to either the fence or the saw table. But AC1036 is not available anymore. Do you know of any other Ridgid fence that can be installed on my saw? Also, what is the cheapest place to it?

I would highly appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

Re: What Ridgid Fence for my Craftsman Table Saw?

What model RIDGID table saw uses the AC1036?

You could try a fence system from MuleCab, they will fit many saws.
    Mule Cabinetmaker - Carpentry Tools for Carpenters that Need Precision & Reliability!

You could search eBay or Craigslist for the RIDGID fence you say will fit.

There are no doubt many other aftermarket fence systems that will fit your saw.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 06-25-2011, 06:42 AM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    ā€œIf I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.ā€ - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

As Bob stated, most aftermarket fences will probably fit your saw as long as it's not a benchtop saw. In most cases you will most likely have to drill a mounting hole or two but cast iron drills easily so drilling those holes shouldn't be a big deal.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I'd pick the best fence you can afford, and deal with whatever installation might be required. Fences are typically pretty simple, and cast iiron drills easily. IMHO, One of the best bangs for the buck is the Delta T2 for ~ $150 from Tools-plus. The Shop Fox Aluma Classic, and Vega fences are also very good, but cost a bit more. FWIW, the Vega is one of the easiest to install, plus it has a great micro adjust feature that works very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          What model RIDGID table saw uses the AC1036?
          FTR, the ts 2412, 2424, 3612, 3650 and 3660 would all accept the ac1036:

Pressing Technology - RIDGID Professional Tools

it's purpose was to provide the same 36" right side rip capacity as the 3612, 3650 and 3660 (so for these actual saws, it was pointless). it worked well and i have one on my 2412 (closeout from HD for $20):

as to the OP's fence question, the fence system (fence and rails) of the 3612/3650/60 will also fit the c-man. those three parts can be purchased from m&d mower for around $325 plus shipping:

TH1019 - TH1019 RYOBI-RIDGID TOOLS PART TH1019 - RIP FENCE ASSEMBLY - TTI-TH1019 - RYOBI/RIDGID TOOLS

TH100056 - TH100056 RYOBI-RIDGID TOOLS PART TH100056 - FRONT RAIL - TTI-TH100056 - RYOBI/RIDGID TOOLS

TH100057 - TH100057 RYOBI-RIDGID TOOLS PART TH100057 - REAR RAIL - TTI-TH100057 - RYOBI/RIDGID TOOLS

i also have a similar c-man with a delta t-2:

on a value basis, the t-2 will be the easiest non-OEM fence to adapt to the TS, cost the least (absent a CL deal) and perform VERY well. since mine is a 30" model, i can say that, with a little bit of shifting, it could easily be set up for 36" of capacity.

if it was me, absent a CL deal, i'd get a t-2 from here:

Delta 36-T30 30" T2 Fence System

regarding CL, just saw this:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/tls/2461812805.html

you never know what's out there unti you look. good luck.
          Last edited by FINER9998; 06-25-2011, 01:03 PM.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your detailed replies. Given the price and benefits, I am inclining towards the Delta T2.

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Originally posted by lull_bash View Post
              Thanks everyone for your detailed replies. Given the price and benefits, I am inclining towards the Delta T2.

Thanks for all your help!
              That's a good fence, I bet you will really like it.

Comment

Working...
              X