X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• porch posts

I am trying to find a company that can turn some custom porch posts. Unfortunately I can't find anyone that will call me back. This company New England Woodturners: Porch Posts & Parts has the design I need but no one answers. It's the post design ps45-653 on that website. Anyone here have a reference or do these? I need 5 of them, 6" wide, 98" tall with the bottom flat area tall enough for a 36" handrail.

Thanks
    Matt

Re: porch posts

there are sites that stock many diffferent styles. The one that comes to mind is osborne, but there are tons. I know these aren't specifically porch posts, but it may be a starting point. I think Rockler carries stuff like this too..

Island Legs, Corbels, Table Legs, Molding, Bun Feet, Unfinished Wooden Components?

Comment

p.s.

What about looking locally? Maybe you could take one of the existing posts to someone that could turn copies?

Comment

Good news, the company I posted above called me back, said he was sorry for the delay, but apparently my first email never made it, but the one I sent today did.

There is a local mill house here that could probably make them, but I avoid them if possible due to unbelievable incompetence on past jobs.

Comment

Working...
        X