TS2424 table saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424 table saw

Wow!!! what a Nice saw this is, my wife purchased it for me for our anniversary. now all I have to do is get it together so I can use it. Did I hear someone stay something about a video that comes with this saw. I couldn't find one in all of the boxes and I have read the instruction manual twice do am having problems with the blade adjustments. Can anyone help???
    Rob

Rob,

I can only speak to December of 2000 and at that time there was a video packaged with the saw. I can't imagine them discontinuing that but I don't know for sure how it's packaged now. The video was nice but I thought the manual was all that was needed except for the one difficulty I had which was the heel adjustment. I was able to get it eventually but if your problem deals with the heel adjustment check this post out. Sounds like this guy came up with a great tip.

http://www.ridgid.com/cgi-bin/ultima...c&f=6&t=000045

Those 'micro adjust' screws just didn't seem to do anything for me.

Welcome aboard. Good wife you have there! [img]smile.gif[/img]

John

Comment

J.J.
      Thanks for the reply,I don't Really need the video, I just was wondering if it would show the adjestment a little clearer.I am having trouble with the heel adjestment But the blade tilt and squareness is the one driving me crazy. After I set the blade square to the table for 90 degree as indicated on PG 20, When I turn the 90 degree stop screw in until it stops, then my tilt handwheel is almost impossible to turn. I have to turn the 90 degree set screw back out in order to turn the handwheel. I havn't even started on the 45 degree yet

rob

Comment

Rob,

I didn't have to set the 90° or the 45° setting on my saw as both were right on but I can't see any way for that stop screw to do that. Maybe it's possible to screw it down so tight that the pressure might keep the handwheel from turning? I don't even know if that's possible. If that's not it, I'm afraid I have no idea.

John

Comment

Thank You ! Thank You! Thank You! My ts2424 is fine tuned and now I can complete the assembly. Glad to know that advise is just a post away. can not wait to start my 1st project with my new saw.

Rob

Comment

On the 90º adjustment, rather than do as the book says try this: First check the blade to the table with a square. Back the blade off of the 90º stop (say 10º), adjust the 90º set screw and bring the blade back up against the stop. Check it with the square. Repeat the adjustment as many times as needed.

Jake

Comment

Working...
            X