Narex Bevel Edge Chisels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narex Bevel Edge Chisels

I also posted this down on "Great Tool Deals", but I think it needs mentioning here in the "Woodworking" section also, as I know almost everyone seriously approaching "woodworking" has an appreciation of good chisels, especially if they are priced right.

So, I just received an E-mail from Lee-Valley promoting an introductory sale price on the Narex beveled-edge chisels:

Narex® Classic Bevel-Edge Chisel Sets - Lee Valley Tools

I have a complete set of these up to an 1" (don't know where I'd use the larger sizes). I also have a complete set of the Narex mortice chisels, all of which have been purchased as either a set as individual add-ons over the last year or so.

These are very well made, with hefty hardwood handles that fit well in the hand. Blades are sturdy, nicely sharpened and they hold their edge quite well, in my experience. All are approximately 11" in length.

I have a set of Sheffield-made "Marples" (they're now made in China) and these Narex chisels are definitely superior in both function and quality.

In any case, I thought you'd appreciate the notice Lee-Valley is and excellent company to do business with and their stuff is usually top quality, as is their service. (And note, I have no affiliation with Lee-Valley or Narex, other than as a very happy customer.)

CWS

Re: Narex Bevel Edge Chisels

Nice timing as I was shopping chisels today and saw the Narex on the Lee Valley site and wondered if they were any good. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
    X