Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rigid customer service agreement sucks

Brad,

Man, I'm sorry that you had trouble with this. Your copy's of receipt, UPC, etc. certainly seem to be in order at least in accordance with what I have sent. The difference is that I have a form letter that I originated which includes my name and address, my Ridgid E-box ID, the date of mailing and it includes the tool name, model, serial number and I list all of the components and thier numbers if applicable. I also include the E-box (dashboard) registration number that is assigned to the particular tool when I did the online registration (generally you have to re-revisit the "dashboard" tool entry in order to get that).

While I have indicated the particular item on the receipt with an arrow, I do not always do that... so, I don't know if that is critical but certainly I would think having all your ID info on the letter with the receipts attached would be. Point is, how do they identify you or receipts if they somehow get separated. (I just picture a person swamped with hundreds of these registrations every day... with stuff falling our of the envelope, etc.... [long ago I used to work in a mailroom... so I know how chaotic that can be])

In any case, I think I would call Ridgid customer support again and with courtesy and understanding (of thier plight), tell them you have copies of the receipt and UPC and that it appears that your stuff, however lost, might be amended because you have copies. If that doesn't get you some cooperation, ask to speak to someone in authority. Bottom line is that "threats" will generally not get you anywhere. The person on the other end of the phone is generally someone just like you and me... and they're trying to make a dime, doing a really boring job. If someone gives them crap, then they'll basically just want to get off the phone and erase you from their day. Nobody needs any more grief in their day than they already have. I'm sure you understand that.

I hope you make out well with this, and I do understand the frustration. Ridgid (TTI or whoever) really needs to make some corrections in this process... there's just too much bad press that seems to come out of the delays and occasional misses.

CWS

Comment

Re: Rigid customer service agreement sucks home depot sucks not ridgid

Probally off topic a hair but your problem is with home depot not the ridge tool co, yes emerson owns the ridge tool co. But they sold the brand name to home depot "which according to the rep i talked to ridgids dissapointment?"

I am curious as to why they now show the "ridgid" powertools on their site. If i were you id be phoneing home depot and complain to them. Basically its their product and warranty your having issues with they choose the products that show up on there shelves with bright orange plastic and unfortunetly the ridgid name.... Ridgid makes professional plumbing and pipe fitting tool, home depot puts there name on everything to wheel barrows ?

Comment

[QUOTE=seanny deep;352756]Probally off topic a hair but your problem is with home depot not the ridge tool co, yes emerson owns the ridge tool co. But they sold the brand name to home depot "which according to the rep i talked to ridgids dissapointment?"QUOTE]

There is no truth in that statement.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Seanny,

You are mistaken in your thoughts that Home Depot bought the "Ridgid" name or has anything whatsoever to do with its manufacture or ownership. It is a "story" often told by "orange aprons" that have heard the tale from others.

You are right in that Emerson Electric is the owner of the Ridgid brand and that they are the manufacturer of plumbing and other professional tools. They are also the manufacturer of the shop vacs which bear their brand.

In 2003, the "Ridgid" brand name was licensed to TTI (Techtronics International, a Hong Kong-based company). TTI manufactures the power tool line of stationary and handheld tools that currently bear the Ridgid brand. These are the "orange" tools. They also are marketed in Europe (and perhaps elsewhere) under the AEG brand. TTI is the promoter and backer of the 3-year warranty and the LLSA, NOT Emerson Electric's Ridgid division. However, as I understand it, TTI works very closely with Ridgid and thus the brand is presented here on this website, as a "Ridgid" product, right along with Emerson Electric's other Ridgid products.

TTI also owns Ryobi (again, a license agreement with "Ryobi" which is a Japanese company with a completely different product line.) "One World Technologies", "Homelite", "Hoover", and a number of other brands are part of the TTI global structure. A few years ago, TTI purchased the Milwaukee company. But, "Ridgid" is not owned by TTI, nor is it owned by Home Depot! TTI is the manufacturer, under a license agreement to use the "Ridgid" brand name..... just so you know!

CWS

Comment

Sorry i was misinformed.
            But essentially its still not a ridgid tool it just has cheap orange plastic instead of cheap blue plastic "ryobi" or red plastic "milwaukee" how can a brand just sell out like that. its like buying a cadilliac and finding out it was made by hyundai. I just lose respect for "all" companys that pull that kind of marketing in to play, if i spend the money on a brand name. it better well be made by that brand.
            Its just garbage to try and ellude people, with crap like that. A ridgid rep told me that under a year ago when he was showing our class the new drain cleaning tools, so i took it as a fact. You can not bye ridgid "orange" power tools any where but home depot "except online stores" where i live. So essentially if you can only purchase them at home depot thats where i would start my complaining. No chain stores manufacture there house brand tools they just own the name "craftsman" "benchmark" there all other manufacturers with there name etches on the vanadium. I could be wrong just my impression

Fraturnally seanny
            Last edited by seanny deep; 07-25-2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Re-branding? That's got your thong in a knot?
              Boy, you're really gonna be pissed when you learn who makes DeWalt, Porter Cable and Delta.
              "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I dont but any of those brands cause dewalt wouldnt honour there warranty..

Ps its black and decker

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                  ... its still not a ridgid tool it just has cheap orange plastic instead of cheap blue plastic "ryobi" or red plastic "milwaukee" how can a brand just sell out like that.
                  TTI purcased Milwaukee and AEG from Atlas-Copco in 2005. The Ridgid electric tools are based on AEG design. They share almost nothing with Milwaukee and nothing at all with Ryobi. Milwaukee is the upper-line, Ridgid/AEG is the midline, and Ryobi is the Johnny Homeowner line. Completely different tools targeted at completely different users.

BTW, I worked for Milwaukee until 2008.
                  "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Well, that realization of "brand" certainly caused a few rumpled feathers didn't it. Hey guys, I don't care what you buy, but very few things are what you few might think they are. You ever hear of "subcontracting" or "outsourcing"? You think a "Cadilac" or even a "Mercedes" is made entirely inhouse? Everybody subcontracts and those subcontractors often do work for many different companies. When I first got out of highschool I was an electro-machnical inspector for a subcontract firm that employed a few hundred people. We subcontracted for Ford, Chrysler, GM and a rash of other companies in other trades. Very rarely did you find anything more stringent between one company and another, like material specs, tolerances, etc. They were all strict and all demanded a certain fit and finish on products that would be evident to the purchaser.

Regarding the comment about the Ridgid power tools using the AEG designs.... I don't know about that, but given the dates of acquistion by TTI that you mentioned, I'd question it, simply because TTI-produced Ridgid power tools were out in 2003 (and most likely into production the year before. You mentioned that AEG wasn't acquired until 2005. Of course that's not to say that any of the new designs since then were a direct result of AEG's designs.

But, Ridgid (Emerson Electric) hasn't produced it's stationary power tool for a number of years, havin sourced many of them from Taiwan even before 2000. While I don't know, it may well be that TTI was involved in their manufacture before finally taking over the production in full and manufacturing to it's 2003 license agreement with Emerson.

CWS

Comment

don't confuse the real ridgid line up of professional plumbing tools with the chinese made corded and cordless tti tools.

the real plumbing tools have a lifetime warranty with no registration required.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

I happen to own and purchased new a milwaukee right angle drill, super sawzall, super hawg , hatchet sawzall, bandsaw, eighteen volt hammer drill, skillsaw, twelve volt impact, two drills, hackzall, inspection camera, copper cutter, and flashlight which more or less besides battery problems. Ive sworn bye im not putting milwaukee tools down im putting down the fact a company can come in suck up a bunch of good reputable companys and then farm out there construction to the lowest bidder.

Now i realize this happens everywhere in our trade automobiles and yes politics, but at twenty four years old i dont agree with the greed of corporations, and i think this is leading to the down fall of soceity as we know it. Keep american companys american. Keep chinese crap, chinese keep japanese stuff good or crap call it hitachi. Dont call it americana brand. Stop using brand names to sell cheap. Crap

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          don't confuse the real ridgid line up of professional plumbing tools with the chinese made corded and cordless tti tools.

the real plumbing tools have a lifetime warranty with no registration required.

rick.
                          Rick, while its true that the Ridge Tool tools have a Lifetime Warranty that warranty is only good for mfg. defects in workmanship or materials. Unlike the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement offered by TTI/OWT which covers defects in workmanship, materials and also normal wear and tear parts. Neither covers damage due to abuse.
                          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

**********UPDATE********

I am pleased to let you all know that I was contacted by TTI's Director Of Service Operations via email to set things straight. They are stepping up to the plate and will enroll all my Ridgid tools for the LSA that did not get enrolled thru normal channels. Thank you TTI !!!

Brad

Comment

Brad,

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear that you were able to successfully get everything straightened out with TTI /Ridgid and that all your tools are now registered for the LLSA. It's nice to know that with some effort on the buyer's part, it is possible to get such frustrations successfully resolved!

Nice work ,

CWS

Comment

Re: Rigid customer service agreement sucks

Congrats on getting the LLSA sorted out.

What I do to make sure warrantees or rebates go through smoothly is by paying a little extra and getting tracking with signature verification. That way even if they try to refute my claim that they never received my papers I would have proof that it did arrive and that someone had signed for it.

Once you've got your LLSA how do you go about getting your tool repaired? Do you need to request some sort of service authorization number like if you had a defective computer part before you can drop it off at a service depot?

Comment

Working...
                                X