Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rigid customer service agreement sucks

Supadupa,

I've only had to get service once (two tools), and that was when my nearest authorized service center was only about five miles away (very short lived, I might add). In that one particular case, I simply called for directions, told them what my problem was, and then dropped off the tools. IIRC, they took down my contact information, tool model and serial numbers, and I gave them my E-box (dashboard) registration ID.

That was it, they verified that my tools were covered under the LSA, serviced the tool and ordered the parts. It took four weeks because of parts backorder but the guy was very nice and he dropped it off at my house.

Now, in all fairness I would not expect any service center to do any delivery (like dropping it off at my house), but at the time this guy was newly enlisted into the Ridgid service (he was a long time service center for various motor and pump companies and from what I understand, was looking for someone to replace another service center which had dropped out). But, any service center should return the tool to you via UPS or whatever.

Unfortunately, my really local guy (Corning, NY area) didn't last very long. I don't know why that is, but now my nearest service center is in Oneonta, NY. Much too far and much too nasty of a road to ever want to visit.... I'll just use UPS, if and when I have to ever seek service again.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Two things here-

One I was a little frustrated over my jointer purchase last year that the LSA didn't ever show up despite many emails, so I let it slide until I saw this thread.

Had a little time yesterday and called, got right through to customer service, explained the situation, faxed the sales receipt and today as promised it was updated to LSA from the 3 yr warranty. Done and no hassle!!!

In regards to service center the closest one to me is 45 miles away, but when my elevation gear on the TS went bad, I took off the granite top after calling them and loaded it up and took it in. they took care of everything from there and had it repaired, cleaned, greased and ready to go within a week. Smooth as silk and they were really nice people. They replaced every part that had anything to do with the elevation gear, where they could have gotten by on just the gear, they replaced roll pins, gear, whole nine yards. Really happy with that.

Comment

I have had horrible luck with Ridgid and will never purchase another tool from them. After installing a door at my house with my drill, I tried charging the battery and it would not charge. I contacted Ridgid, the brought the tools to the "Service Center". They tell me "the charger is good, but your battery and the motor in your drill is bad". They then go on to tell me my LIFETIME WARRANTY is void because they don't make 14.4V tools anymore. I have never been more frustrated in my life.

Comment

Ezab,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum!

First and foremost, DON'T BE SO QUICK TO GIVE UP!!!

You need to give customer service a call, immediately. I too have a couple of 14.4 Volt tools, and I'm very much under the impression that the LLSA (it's NOT a Lifetime Warranty, but a "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement") covers my tools for as long as I own them. That is basically a contract, in which Ridgid (actually TTI) and I entered into agreement that with my registration, they would service my purchase for as long as I owned it. That has legal implications and just because they no longer market that tool doesn't mean that they won't service it.

In this case, the Service Center has somehow gotten the wrong impression I think. Call Ridgid Customer Service and get this straightened out with them. If the tool, parts for the tool, including batteries, are no longer available, then I think Ridgid needs to upgrade you. I would be very much surprised if the story of them NOT servicing because of obsolescence would be true... if so, it would be a disaster and a broken "agreement" for many of us. Thus far, I have read of no other case in which service was denied.

Again, make that call

CWS

Comment

I agree with you their warranty is worth less than the paper written on, but like all tools after that long a time I would just buy new ones anyways, tools wear out period, get over the warranty as its basically just a marketing ploy and go buy some new tools.The only tools I have ever purchased from them new were a R4511 and I never bothered to register it as I only paid about $175 fot it new from HD,I have bought a few used Ridgid tools that I still have 1 the EB2550 or something like that either way its still workin well and I'm happy with it but to whine about a 5-10 yr old sander thats prolly been beat to hell ,well my friend its just a waste of time, Go buy another tool and be over it. Geesh some folks and their glorious LLSA warranty crap make me sick and tired of all the ranting about it. ITS A PLOY,A MARKETING TOOL, thats all it was ever meant to be
            Last edited by Ralphyboy; 04-11-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Ya, I find it funny that I would buy a new 18v dewalt kit once every 3-4 years because they would be worn out, and later buy tools(Ridgid) that have a better warranty and arguably similar quality/price and then complain about the tool wearing out and not having the tools for 4 weeks while they're being repaired, and spending years on the phone instead straightening out LSA issues from either screwing up, or ot following through with wondering where your confirmation is, instead of selling what's left and getting a new shiney kit like you've always done in the past.
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I can understand the reason for sending in the original UPC receipt and cut out from the original package in order to register Ridgid tools.
                What I don't understand is the reason RIGID requests we mail in the online printout of the registration page showing name, addr, and tools registered when you registered the tools directly online. The page they want you to mail-in already has all of this information entered online. So why the double registration... i.e. first online followed by mail? Please explain???

Comment

I can understand the reason for sending in the original UPC receipt and cut out from the original package in order to register Ridgid tools.
                  What I don't understand is the reason RIGID requests we mail in the online printout of the online registration page showing name, addr, and tools registered when you have already registered the tools directly online. The page they want you to mail-in already has all of this information entered online. So why the double registration... i.e. first online followed by mail? Please explain???

Comment

to my way of thinking ( and i have no idea what you are referring to when you say "RIGID requests we mail in the online printout of the online registration page showing name, addr, and tools registered when you have already registered the tools directly online") i have never done that and i probably have 35-40 items registered. what i have done, after online registration, is mail in a copy of the receipt with arrows indicating item being registered along with my name, address, email address, dashboard id, height, weight, hair color, blood tyep etc. my understanding is that the recipt copy is used to estimate that the registration is within 90 days of the tool's purchase and that a tool actually was purchased. although technically required, i've NEVER sent in a upc and have never experienced a registration problem (other than the mailed in info being lost and my having to follow up after 6 months and fax in copies of the copies i kept of the recipt i mailed in). other posters here do letters that accompany the receipt. i'm not sure there's a "best or official" way to confirm the online registration but what i've been doing for the last 8 years has seemed to work for me.
                    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

There are just some CSRs that are unprofessional and impolite. Lucky you, if you are able to encounter someone who's willing to help you out with your problem.
                      The greatest wealth is health.

Comment

I also have had trouble with registering tools. Some get registered and some don't. I also got back a letter saying I didn't give the right information. My Rigid driver lost both batteries after less than a year and the charger started over heating and making a noise. Called the service center twice over a 4 month period and their recording said they were not serving any Rigid tools. I ended up buying a Ryobie 18 volt driver and saw combo and have had no problems with them what so ever. May be a cheaper product over Rigid but it sure has out lasted Rigid.

I still buy Rigid products but now stick to there corded tools.

shup

Comment

my planer took 9 months to get any verification on warranty, which they did show that it has a warranty and I am grateful.

my 4511 tablesaw they show only a three year instead of a lifetime warranty even though the same information was sent in. maby they know they'll have trouble with something and avoid the full warranty when they can

Comment

Originally posted by dat View Post

my 4511 tablesaw they show only a three year instead of a lifetime warranty even though the same information was sent in. maby they know they'll have trouble with something and avoid the full warranty when they can
                            Very little in life is 100% for certain but I'd say that that statement is 99.9% incorrect.
                            ================================================== ====
                            All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

no offence, but they did have all the info asked for and I would figure they would have registered it like advertised. as far as putting a warranty on what they want to, you are probably right though

Comment

dat,

Rather than presuming some conspiracy on Ridgid's part, I'd simply call them and find out why and what is going on with your tool registration and possible delay. You mentioned nine months on your Ridgid Jointer, but I'm not clear what you mean by "they did show that it has a warranty and I am grateful"... Do you have the LLSA or NOT? (on that particular tool).

Also you said you haven't seen anything on your table saw.... How long has that been?

One of the things that I can't quite understand is the laxity that too many people have on their so-called "warranty" issues. First let me state that you had a three-year warranty from the minute you walked out of the store with your new Ridgid tool. Absolutely nothing is required there, except of course your personal responsibility to hang on to the cash register receipt, should any warranty service ever be required.

But to get the LLSA (Limited Lifetime Service Agreement) you were required to take a couple of step to register your purchase. That being done, and you feeling it important enough to follow, why in the devil haven't you followed-up after a few months to ensure that everything has been received properly? All you have to do is make a phone call!

If you haven't done that yet, there's really no sense to just posting a gripe here on the forum, as we can't fix that for you. So call Ridgid Customer Service and see what is taking so long.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                                X