X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rigid customer service agreement sucks

i like that. if it wasn't for where it's located, that'd almost make me want to move to michigan.

but let's not forget. that amount of money isn't even a rounding error to the hardware area of the HD store where that saw was probably purchased.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Unfortunate. I hope they get to do something about it. Great customer service is a powerful tool in retaining a business.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
        Judging by your one and only post here, I'm willing to bet that you were a total asshat to the CSR that was unfortunate enough to be on duty when your call came in. Generally speaking, very few CSRs are willing to go out of their way to help out an asshat. Call back at another time and behave as though your mother taught you proper manners. You might be surprised.
        Nice way to welcome a new member....with pure bias!!

Nonetheless, I'm new here too...having about the same problem. My wife bought me the recip saw/drill combo on 12/16/2010. She knew I wanted Ridgid because I was tired of buying batteries and chargers for Dewalt's. I had looked at them at Home Depot and was told they had lifetime WARRANTY on batteries and chargers. I got it, and was happy with it for a few months. At that time, one battery crapped out. I took it to the store hoping to swap it for another one. They said they didn't swap, and that I had to go to a Ridgid Service Center.

I called Ridgid to talk to them and find out where to take (or mail) it. I then find out that since I didn't register within 90 days, the WARRANTY was no good, and it was too late to register...I was just $h_T out of luck. Gee, thanks! I mean, if it's a 6 month warranty, I understand having to register within a certain period of time....but for a lifetime warranty, why does it matter when I bought it? I still have my receipt, but was told it's just too bad...too late. I went back to the Home Depot and talked to one of the employees, explaining the situation. He was nice enough to trade me one of his "demo" batteries for mine. Do keep in mind that it is stamped "recon" and won't be warrantied at all now.

So, not long passed and the other battery crapped out...then the "recon" one did. I now have two bad batteries. I can't even drill out 2 aluminum rivets on a full charge!! Completely useless!! So I call Home Depot again, hoping for help. They said..."oh, well they are warrantied for 3 years. REALLY??? So I'm finding that all along when I said or was told the word "warranty" what people heard and meant was "service agreement." Therefore, I hobbled around for about 2 yrs with crappy batteries when I could have registered them and had new ones through WARRANTY!!

I got on the Ridgid website today and guess what?? I registered the tools, even though they told me long ago it was too late!! When I called them and told them I had a bad battery, they never told me that I could still register and get a new battery UNDER WARRANTY. They were too busy telling me that I should have registered in 90 days and I was no longer for the LIMITED SERVICE AGREEMENT!!

yeah, I'm a bit upset. Very poor customer service, for them to have a customer with a bad battery and play word games, rather than tell him how he can get it replaced!!

Does anybody have some phone numbers I can call the corporate offices or any "big wheels" in the company?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Ferstler View Post
          Seems as if the card-fillout arrangement is designed to have some customers accidentally miss seeing the fine print and therefore not signifying that they wanted the LSA, which would get Ridgid off of the legal hook should a claim be made.

If anybody is being "petty," it is Ridgid with the design of that card.
          Exactly how I see it. It's playing deception and word games. You would think that a Lifetime Service Agreement is something you PURCHASE.. kinda like you buy a TV and you an buy an extended warranty or something like that. Then when you're told that the tool has a lifetime WARRANTY, you don't think much about any LSA. I mean, if it's got a lifetime warranty, why should I pay for more protection?

It's shady, IMO. Here I am with 2 dead batteries, my original receipt, still within 3yrs, and I'm having trouble getting replacements. I think they should, since I have all documentation and even the original box, give me the LSA and 2 new batteries. I see no reason why they shouldn't.

Comment

Working...
          X