BS14002 Table Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS14002 Table Question

When cutting with the miter gauge the material always gets caught in the blade slot on the table. The front and back of the table are not level to each other. With the table pin in or out.
    Any suggestions?

Re: BS14002 Table Question

Are you sure that your problem is with the table? It sounds to me like your issue could be with the blade insert. If the stock is hitting the table at the backside of the insert, try putting some tape on the bottom of the insert to raise it up so that the insert is level with the table.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Unfortunately its not the insert. I cut about 1/4" into the stock and as soon as it hits the blade slot in the table it hangs up.

Comment

OK, I gotcha now, at first I didn't fully understand where the problem was. It sure sounds like you have a defective table with a bad casting being the most likely problem. If you bought the saw new within the last 3 years and didn't sign up for the LLSA it should still be covered under the warranty. If you did register the saw into the LLSA then no matter how old it is you should be able to get a new table for the saw. I don't believe there is much you can do with a bad casting to make it right.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Well I did do the lifetime warranty. I was thinking it may be bad but wanted to ask first. Thanks for help.

Comment

Working...
          X