X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake please help

When is the new drill press coming out I am in the process of looking, buying and posted twice before about the old and new drill press. What are the differences, price, style? Please help.

tony, I've been waiting since the end of last year to purchase the new 1550. I was in HD today and as luck has it the sales rep for Ridgid (John) was there. He placed a call and told me they had 900 units and were shipping to stores now. The down side for me was the local HD still has two older units and a check shows a new order was not made. I'm looking forward to a call tomorrow as he was going to check another store further south and have one sent up if it's available.

Jake, if I was mislead and am now doing it to others let me know. I hope these months waiting will be worth it.

Comment

The new unit will be a model DP1550, It will have a 1/2 TEFC motor with a 12 speed poly-v belt drive. The quill has 3 3/4" of travel. The table has been redesigned with woodworkers in mind with a large clamping edge around the perimeter. Finally the hub will mount on the Left or the Right side of the head. It should be in stores in mid to late March (I sweare guys, they are coming).

Jake

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zapj:
        He placed a call and told me they had 900 units and were shipping to stores now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zap, The units are not shipping currently, and will not go out for almost a month.

Jake

Comment

Thank you Jake for the corrected information. I knew it was to good. I now know why I never received that phone call today.

Comment

Working...
          X