X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another tablesaw extension router table thread

OK, I'm at my wit's end here. I want to build a router table extension wing for my TS2412. I've searched these forums and those on woodworking.com as well as Google. I've seen many folks brag about their setups, and I've seen a few fine pictures, but...

Other than taking a couple of pieces of MDF, some laminate, some hardwood banding, and routing out a rabet for the insert, what else is involved? How do you attach the flippin' thing to the saw? I'm pretty sure I don't want to hang it from the fence rail (stock, btw). 1-1/2" of MDF is too thick to attach to the actual table in the same manner as the stamped steel wings are attached now.

Could someone PLEASE point me in the right direction? An actual plan (or at least some written directions or comprehensive photos would be ideal).

TIA,
    Dan

Dan,

I sent you an Email to the address on your profile.
    It would have been to lengthy to post here, and you can print it out if like the idea.
    If you didn't get the email, respond here with your email address and I'll resend it.
    Good Luck!
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/thebryants@sbcglobal.net

should take you to a picture of mine.

I put a piece of 3/4" plywood between my saw and the base. I reinforced this by biscuiting 1X3"s as a skirt around this peice of plywood.

Then I built a torsion box style frame for the melamine top to sit on. The torsion box type frame has blocks of wood with 1/2" threaded rod epoxied into them. The threaded rod then is used to mount the assembly to the plywood. This allows for four corner adjustments to make the table flush with the table of the table saw. Once all this was leveled out, I put a couple screws from the table saw top into the router table to stabilize it further.

Hope this helps.

Duke

Comment

Working...
      X