X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Advice

Has anyone noticed Bob D.'s tag line "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?"

Well, I was thinking about that exact saying on the way to the hospital about 5 weeks ago.
    I was making a quick jig to hold an outdoor gate 4" off the ground by ripping two 1 x 6's down to 4 inches. I did the first one, then when I was going to move the fall off from the 2nd one, my left thumb hit the blade. Didn't cut anything off, but went deep enough to break the bone past the last knuckle.
    It's been 5 weeks and it's almost healed - I can bend it almost normally, the nail has to finish doing what it's gonna do, I can't manipulate very small objects with pressure, and I won't have feeling in the tip for a few years. Everything considered, I was damn lucky.
    Don't put yourself in my position - use your push sticks and gaurds at all times.

Like Bob D. says "It's a table saw - do you know where your fingers are?

Lou,

Lessons learned the hard way!! Very sorry to here of your accident, but also glad that it wasn't worse. Hope that you heal quickly and you never get in harm's way again.

CWS

Comment

Yep!!

I think of ole Bob D everytime I get over my 3650.

Jerry
      It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Mad Lou thats a good reminder of things I shouldn't do, like using my circular saw as a table saw to shave angles on a peace that just won't fit on old houses,saw one hand, wood the other.Nicked my self once. lucky all it took was a fast food napkin and duck tape to learn a leason.

[ 07-30-2005, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: bob bridgewater ]
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        Be safe out there folks
        Bob B
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Lou.....hope you heal soon!

Comment

Working...
          X