Rebuilding Batteries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding Batteries

One of my batteries for my PC 12v cordless drill has gone bad, I can get a new battery for approx $60. However I'm thinking of having the battery rebuilt anyone with any experience and recomendations?

Batteries Plus is usually in the ballpark of half the cost of a new battery for a rebuild

Jake

Comment

Jake,
      Does Batteries Plus just supply the cells to rebuild them, so it can be a diy project, or is it a drop it off and they rebuild them type of place? Have any of you all rebuild your own batteries?
      Thanks,
      JJC

Comment

not sure, I just know people who have used them to rebuild their battery packs.

Jake

Comment

Considering the bus bars on the individual batteries are soldered together (at least on the PC), I don't think this is something that I want to attempt myself, heat + Nickle Cadmium = bad things. I'll have to give batteries plus a call and find out.

Comment

Take the cover off and pull the battery assembly out and see of the connecting straps are loose. If they are, put some paper shims in there to make the strap have contact. I did this to two of mine. Thats all that was wrong with them.

Comment

Working...
            X