X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac used with 3650

I bought this Vac Pressing Technology - RIDGID Professional Tools new about 2 years ago and have been using it for dust collection with the 3650 Table saw. If I had to wager a guess, it has approximately 12 hours on it and never used more than 10 minutes at a time. I keep the filter clean and the tub dumped regularly. My shop is climate controlled as well. As a quick aside, I have 8 different Ridgid power tools and all have been splendid.

The Vac has a nasty growl when powering down. To explain, after you cut the power switch and it spools down, it sounds like the bearings are going out. It is a very rough sound and there is nothing caught in the blower wheel and the mounting nut is snug. It is certainly the motor bearings.

Now, on the link above, all of the parts are listed but I see no listing for the motor itself. Please don't tell me that this unit is designed to be disposable. I would love to get it serviced properly and I can do it myself if I could purchase the parts needed. I find it hard to believe that this nice vac has such a limited parts list. Please advise on what I should do. (or what you would do in this case)
    When in doubt, unplug the saw.

Re: Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac used with 3650

Not sure about yours, but most Ridgid vacs have 'life-time' warranty. The motors are basically throw-aways. Call the Ridgid number for their warranty service and they will advise you what to do. I had to send the motor to them with my service number, etc., on my own dime. And, when they checked out my motor and determined it was fried, they sent me a new one in the box FOC and a token filter for my mailing costs (about a third of it). I was very satisfied with the new vac and all the original goodies that came with it.

Big G

Comment

Working...
    X